sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Anthony Joshua keeps it real with honest take on Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk, says fans can finally see the truth
Home>Boxing
Updated 20:54 22 Mar 2023 GMTPublished 20:51 22 Mar 2023 GMT

Anthony Joshua keeps it real with honest take on Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk, says fans can finally see the truth

Anthony Joshua offered his two cents on the Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk fight collapsing ahead of his bout with Jermaine Franklin.

Adnan Riaz

Adnan Riaz

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Anthony Joshua has admitted that it is “crazy” to see the negotiations fallout from the Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk fight after the bout was ‘called off.’

WBC champion Fury was tipped to make his sensational return on 29th April at Wembley against unified champ Usyk in an undisputed heavyweight title clash.

But Usyk’s promoter, Alexander Krassyuk, on Wednesday shocked the boxing world by claiming that the super-fight would no longer take place amid negotiation disputes.

Usyk, who beat Joshua to capture his world titles, had agreed to Fury’s demands for a 70-30 purse split in favour of the undefeated ‘Gypsy King.’

Advert

However, Fury then called on the 36-year-old Ukrainian star to scrap the rematch clause, which has become a stumbling block in the negotiations, from their deal.

Joshua suffered back-to-back defeats to Usyk, but the Brit superstar is set to make his return on 1st April against Jermaine Franklin at the O2 Arena in London.

Speaking ahead of his clash next month, ‘AJ’ revealed that he is happy that boxing fans can finally the “s**t” to expect from fight negotiations with Fury.

The 33-year-old former two-time heavyweight champ was previously linked to fight Fury in an all-British showdown, but a bout between the pair failed to materialise on two separate occasions.

“I will be real,” Joshua said.

“As much as I like to entertain that gossip and Fury situation, I have been there twice and people don’t remember that.

“I was supposed to fight him before I fought Usyk, the first time, and he pulled out due to his legal case, the arbitration, with [Deontay] Wilder. That was all up in the air and done online.

“Look at all the s**t they are going through now with this Usyk stuff. It’s just crazy.

“I don’t publicise things, so it’s actually good that people are starting to see what goes on in negotiations.

“It’s good that people can actually see the s**t that people have got to put up with to make a fight.

“Me and Usyk got two successful fights done. It’s just crazy.”

READ MORE:

  • Furious Laura Woods slams ‘catastrophe’ of Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk collapsing and says fans ‘deserve better’
  • Why Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk for 29th April collapsed
  • Frank Warren says Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk is NOT dead, plans to hold further talks
Featured Image Credit: Alamy/YouTube

Topics: Anthony Joshua, Boxing, Oleksandr Usyk, Heavyweight Boxing

Adnan Riaz
Adnan Riaz

Adnan Riaz is a journalist for SPORTbible. He studied for a B.A. in History at the University of York and followed it up with an M.A. in Multimedia Journalism at MMU. Before he started writing about sports, he spent over four years in the gaming press. He has worked for several publications, including Hardcore Gamer, LADbible and the Manchester Evening News. Follow him on Twitter to find out what he is working on next. Got a story tip for Adnan? Email him: [email protected]

X

@AdnanRiaz9

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

14 hours ago
22 hours ago
a day ago
  • Getty Images
    14 hours ago

    Rico Verhoeven confirms he will appeal Oleksandr Usyk defeat after controversial stoppage

    The kickboxing champion has reacted to the controversial end to his iconic fight with Usyk.

    Boxing
  • Mohamed Hassam/Getty
    22 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven scorecards spark mass outrage after Glory in Giza fight

    This could be the most controversial fight in modern boxing history.

    Boxing
  • Mark Robinson/Getty
    22 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk makes tragic admission after controversial victory over Rico Verhoeven

    The undefeated boxer had a very hard night.

    Boxing
  • Candice Ward/Stringer/Getty
    a day ago

    Floyd Mayweather aims staggering $175 million lawsuit alleging fraud at former associates

    This is crazy.

    Boxing
  • 'I am coming' - Tyson Fury names the huge fight he wants after he 'beats' Anthony Joshua
  • Tyson Fury warm-up opponent update drops ahead of Anthony Joshua showdown
  • Rico Verhoeven confirms he will appeal Oleksandr Usyk defeat after controversial stoppage
  • Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua date revealed by Eddie Hearn in latest update