Sting Teases That A Dream WWE 'Face-Off' With The Undertaker Could Still Happen
WCW icon Sting has admitted that he can't rule out a sensational WWE return to have a "face-off" with The Undertaker.
Sting, real name Steve Borden, made his long-awaited WWE debut in 2014 and had feuds with both Seth Rollins and Triple H.
But the 60-year-old wrestling legend's WWE career came to a screeching halt after he picked up a neck injury against Rollins at Night of Champions in 2015.
During the latest instalment of WWE Untold on the WWE Network, Sting revealed that he would welcome the idea of having a confrontation with The Undertaker.
He said on Sting's Last Stand: "You know, if everything lines up just right. Vince [McMahon], Triple H, 'Taker and Sting -- maybe we could do this.
"Maybe we could just do a little. Let's just do a face-off. Let's get you guys involved in this or that.
"So, maybe I could do it. Maybe I could do that.
"And, so you know, I don't know again if it's just ego and pride or whatever, but I feel like I could do it all these years later."
Sting was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2016 and grabbed his iconic baseball bat at the end of his speech.
When the ex-WCW and TNA star recalled the moment, he hinted that he didn't completely turn his back on a one-off WWE return.
He explained: "I suppose I put those glasses on at the last minute and grabbed the baseball bat thinking, 'Who knows?'"
Sting had long been on WWE's radar after his illustrious career with WCW.
Speaking to SLAM! Wrestling in 2012, the Hall of Famer admitted that he came close to signing with the company in 2011 to set up a potential match with the WWE legend at WrestleMania XXVII.
"The best way for me to say it was a scale of 1-10," he said.
"I think the first three times or so over the years that I spoke with Vince McMahon and was close to going up there, there were a couple of times we got up to maybe a six or a seven.
"And I think this last go-around we were probably at a nine.
"We were very, very close. I was actually surprised things turned out the way they did."
WWE touched on the idea of a 'what-if' match between the WCW icon and future WWE Hall of Famer in the WWE Reimagined series earlier this year.
Reimagined focused on the idea of The Undertaker leaving WWE during the Monday Night Wars in the 1990s and signing for WCW, setting up a potential showdown with Sting in the alternative universe.
Featured Image Credit: WWE