The 12 Best Fighters Of The Last Decade Have Been Named And Ranked
Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez has fought off fierce competition across combat sports to be crowned last decade's best fighter.
The 29-year-old boxer became a four-division world champion when he captured the WBO light heavyweight title from Sergey Kovalev last year.
While Alvarez has since vacated the 175-pound belt, he has secured his place at the top of 12uppercut's 12 best fighters across boxing and MMA.
Despite suffering his only loss to Floyd Mayweather last decade, the publication argued that he has since become the "single finest boxer on earth."
The publication added: "Nobody in the fight game can match his combination of skill, achievement and consistency over the last 10 years. No one."
Alvarez's rival Mayweather, who retired undefeated last decade, finished in fourth place behind Manny Pacquiao.
The publication suggested that Mayweather "ducked practically everyone until they were past their primes," while the 'Pacman' defied "Father Time and [claimed] impressive wins against the likes of Chris Algieri, Lucas Matthysse, Adrien Broner and Keith Thurman."
UFC legend Jon Jones locked down the second spot behind Alvarez, while fierce rival Daniel Cormier rounded off the top five.
Ronda Rousey and Amanda Nunes are the only two women to appear in the 12-fighter rankings.
MMA legend Rousey, who was the first female fighter inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame, is widely regarded as a pioneer for women in combat sports.
And 12uppercut said the 33-year-old "changed mixed martial arts forever" and was the only fighter "outside of Conor McGregor [that] skyrocketed to the penthouse and became a mainstream media star as quickly (or dominantly) as she did."
Posted below are 12uppercut's 12 best fighters of the decade.
12. Wladimir Klitschko (decade record: 11-2)
11. Ronda Rousey (decade record: 12-2)
More Like ThisMore Like This
10. Gennady Golovkin (decade record: 22-1-1)
9. Amanda Nunes (decade record: 15-3)
8. Conor McGregor (decade record: 18-3)
7. Georges St-Pierre (decade record: 7-0)
6. Andre Ward (decade record: 11-0)
5. Daniel Cormier (decade record: 21-2 & 1 no contest)
4. Floyd Mayweather (decade record: 10-0)
3. Manny Pacquiao (decade record: 12-4)
2. Jon Jones (decade record: 16-0 & 1 no contest)
1. Canelo Alvarez (decade record: 23-1-1)
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read