The Top 10 Highest-Paid Footballers In 2020 According To Forbes
The American business outlet released rankings on the richest male athletes in the world, with tennis legend Roger Federer taking the top spot for the first time ever after earning a whopping $106.3 million.
Juventus and Portugal superstar Ronaldo was pipped by the 20-time Grand Slam winner but remains the highest-paid player in his field, raking in $105 million overall - made up of $45 million from endorsements and a further $60 million from salary/winnings.
The five-time Ballon d'Or winner made $1 million more than long-time rival Lionel Messi, who collected $32 million form endorsements and $72 million from salary/winnings.
In third on the football list but fourth overall, Neymar saw his bank account increase again after earning $95.5 million from various commercial deals and his lucrative PSG pay packet.
Fourth spot went to Liverpool star Mo Salah - with the Egyptian's $35.1m earnings coming as a result of his $23.1 million salary and $12 million through endorsements.
Kylian Mbappe, comfortably the youngest player on the list, made $33.8 million to place him in fifth - while at the opposite end of the age spectrum, sixth-placed Andres Iniesta pocketed $29.6 million as he winds down on his illustrious career.
More Like ThisMore Like This
Here is the top ten in full:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo - $105m (2nd overall)
2. Lionel Messi - $104m (3rd overall)
3. Neymar - $95.5m (4th overall)
4. Mo Salah - $35.1m (34th overall)
5. Kylian Mbappe - $33.8m (36th overall)
6. Andres Iniesta - $29.6m (46th overall)
7. Mesut Ozil - $28.7m (49th overall)
8. Paul Pogba - $28.5m (50th overall)
9. Oscar - $27.5m (56th overall)
10. Antoine Griezmann - $26.7m (60th overall)
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read