sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Premier League clubs 'told' Victor Osimhen asking price after striker signs new Napoli deal
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 14:35 23 Dec 2023 GMT

Premier League clubs 'told' Victor Osimhen asking price after striker signs new Napoli deal

They have been told the required asking price.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Victor Osimhen has put pen to paper on a new Napoli deal that includes a release clause.

On Saturday the Serie A holders announced that the Nigerian international had committed his future to the Italian outfit until 2026.

"Victor and Napoli together until 2026," said Napoli on social media, accompanied by a picture of Osimhen signing the new deal alongside club owner Aurelio De Laurentiis.

Several publications had linked Osimhen to the Premier League’s finest clubs, including Arsenal, Manchester United and most recently Chelsea, after the Nigerian scored 26 league goals and claimed a further five assists to help Napoli to their first Scudetto in 33 years last season.

Advert

This term Osimhen has netted seven goals in 12 Serie A encounters, with his efforts having been rewarded with a lucrative new deal.

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has claimed the player will have his salary increased to €10million (£8.6million) per season after tax.

Romano added that the Osimhen deal will also include a release clause, believed to be set at around €130million (£112million), valid only for clubs outside of Italy during the summer.

On X, formally Twitter Romano said: “Victor Osimhen has signed a new deal at Napoli valid until June 2026 — now official.

“Release clause will be in the region of €130m. Done and sealed today.”

It’s a fee likely to deter Premier League clubs from making a move in the January window however the clause could be activated in the close season.

Osimhen has not shied away from his desire to move to the Premier League in future.

"I don’t have a favourite PL team but I’ve two jerseys: Chelsea and Man United," Osimhen said on 'The Obi One podcast' earlier this season.

“Many friends of mine are Chelsea fans, few are Man Utd fans.

“Premier League is the most appreciated league by every African player — it’s a huge league."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Victor Osimhen, Napoli, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    European club 'refuse' to meet asking price for £34 million Arsenal star who hasn't played for the club for 755 days

    The player has not played for the Gunners since the 2023/24 campaign.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    BBC confirm pundit line-up for World Cup as 11 names missing

    Didier Drogba, Vincent Kompany and Rio Ferdinand among the pundits not working for BBC Sport this summer

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool consider U-turn to sack Arne Slot after Mo Salah comments, with FOUR replacements considered

    Liverpool hero Salah criticised the team's style of play after Aston Villa defeat, piling yet more pressure on Slot

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    23-year-old footballer speaks publicly after being stabbed seven times in Huntingdon train attack

    Jonathan Gjoshe was seriously injured in the knife attack in November 2025

    Football
  • Barcelona Place Star Up for Sale as Three Premier League Clubs Told Asking Price
  • Arsenal have benefitted more from VAR than 17 other Premier League clubs this season
  • Man Utd fans spot what Victor Osimhen posted hours after news Viktor Gyokeres has 'snubbed' the club for Arsenal
  • Chelsea's contract offer to Victor Osimhen 'leaked' after deal for Napoli striker collapses and it explains everything