The 20 Greatest Managers In Club Football In The Last Decade Have Been Revealed
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has been named the best manager of the last decade ahead of Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp.
That's according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS), which unveiled the 20 best head coaches in club football.
The IFFHS ranked the managers by taking into consideration the top 20 of "each yearly ranking of each category concerned and allocated points to each place."
According to IFFHS, first placed was allocated 20 points, second would receive 19 points and third picked up 18 points, with one point secured for 20th place.
Simeone, who was appointed Atletico boss in 2011, broke the Barcelona-Real Madrid dominance over the La Liga title as he led his side to the trophy in the 2013-14 season.
The 50-year-old Argentine has also lifted the Copa del Rey and the Spanish Super Cup with Atletico, along with capturing the Europa League title twice and reaching two Champions League finals.
Posted below are the 20 best managers of the last decade and the respective points total they received from the IFFHS.
20. Laurent Blanc (Al-Rayyan): 21 points
19. Jesse Marsch (RB Salzburg): 22 points
18. Leonardo Jardim: 25 points
17. Arsene Wenger: 25 points
16. Ernesto Valverde: 26 points
15. Jupp Heynckes: 34 points
More Like ThisMore Like This
14. Luis Enrique (Spain): 35 points
13. Sir Alex Ferguson: 35 points
12. Claudio Ranieri (Sampdoria): 36 points
11. Antonio Conte (Inter Milan): 53 points
10. Marcelo Gallardo (River Plate): 56 points
9. Mauricio Pochettino (Paris Saint-Germain): 56 points
8. Carlo Ancelotti (Everton): 57 points
7. Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid): 59 points
6. Unai Emery (Villarreal): 70 points
5. Massimiliano Allegri: 77 points
4. Jose Mourinho (Tottenham Hotspur): 91 points
3. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool): 105 points
2. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City): 144 points
1. Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid): 152 points
Featured Image Credit: PA
Topics: Football News, Claudio Ranieri, Luis Enrique, Jupp Heynckes, Jose Mourinho, Unai Emery, Football, Carlo Ancelotti, Pep Guardiola, Sir Alex Ferguson, Mauricio Pochettino, Arsene Wenger, Zinedine Zidane, Leonardo Jardim, Jurgen Klopp, Massimiliano Allegri, Ernesto Valverde, Antonio Conte, Diego Simeone
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read