
Kobbie Mainoo has told Manchester United which club he wants to join in the final days of this summer's transfer window, but his request has been 'blocked', according to a new report.
The 20-year-old midfielder is open to leaving his boyhood club this summer after becoming frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities under Ruben Amorim.
Mainoo is determined to play regular first-team football, and he expressed that desire in a meeting with United chiefs on Thursday.
He informed those present of his ambition to leave on loan before the window slams shut, according to The Athletic, who suggest the midfielder 'made clear' his wish to leave temporarily to pick up consistent minutes ahead of next summer's World Cup.
Advert
United, meanwhile, will not sanction a loan move this summer and expect him to stay and fight for his place. They also expressed how much they value him.

With that in mind, the club are said to have blocked Mainoo's latest request – to join former teammate Scott McTominay at Napoli on a permanent deal worth £50 million.
That's according to The Mirror, who claim Mainoo has told United bosses he wants to go to Serie A on a permanent transfer, but the club are 'mindful' of the impact made by McTominay and have so far blocked a move.
Advert
Napoli are said to have offered a four-year contract to the England international.
Mainoo, meanwhile, is thought to prefer a move to the continent rather than a Premier League stay, according to The Athletic.
The report also suggests he is open to leaving his boyhood club and has already discussed the prospect with teammates. Real Madrid and Atletico are believed to be monitoring his situation.

Ruben Amorim explains why Kobbie Mainoo hasn't played this season
Mainoo has been an unused substitute in United's opening two Premier League fixtures against Arsenal and Fulham.
Advert
Ruben Amorim used all five substitutes in their 1-1 draw against Fulham at Craven Cottage but elected against introducing Mainoo – instead bringing on Harry Maguire and Ayden Heaven with just minutes remaining.
Amorim would later explain his decision against using Mainoo.
"He is fighting for the position now with Bruno (Fernandes)," Amorim said. "And I change to two midfielders, I left Mason Mount there because we want to score a goal, and when I change I felt the team needs to have one holding midfielder near Bruno."
"So he just needs to fight for the position with Bruno like it should be at Manchester United," Amorim added.
Topics: Kobbie Mainoo, Man Utd, Transfers