Carlo Ancelotti left the Toffees to rejoin Madrid earlier this month and he's interested in reshaping their attack.
Calvert-Lewin flourished with Ancelotti at Goodison Park and he scored 21 goals under his management last season.
The Sun claim Everton owner Farhad Moshiri could be forced to accept a lower fee for the 24-year-old due to financial issues.
Everton have lost around £240 million in the last two seasons due to the coronavirus pandemic and Ancelotti is aware of that.
Karim Benzema is still leading the line for Los Blancos but their other notable attackers are wide players, such as Eden Hazard.
Brazilian youngsters Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr are also wide players, as is Marco Asensio.
Luka Jovic signed from Eintracht Frankfurt in 2019 but failed to hit the ground running, with the Serbia international returning to Frankfurt on loan.
Chelsea's Timo Werner has been linked with a transfer but Thomas Tuchel is keen to keep his fellow countryman.
Ancelotti's departure comes after Everton finished 10th in the Premier League despite being tipped for a European place all season.
The Italian isn't walking into an easy job with Madrid either.
It was announced on Wednesday that captain and club legend Sergio Ramos would be departing after 16 years.
The 35-year-old held a press conference alongside president Florentino Perez and was overcome with emotion as he said goodbye.
:microphone2: @SergioRamos toma la palabra por primera vez desde el anuncio de su marcha... y no puede evitar emocionarse- MARCA (@marca) June 17, 2021
Sigue EN DIRECTO la rueda de prensa de despedida del capitán del Real Madrid: https://t.co/VWQarCNQdj pic.twitter.com/IXNA7Mrqhq
Ramos will embark on a new challenge but the 35-year-old expects to return to Real in a different capacity in the future.
"This is not a goodbye, it's a see you later," Ramos said.
"Because I will be back."
Ramos was reported to have rejected a pay cut but he claims the reason for his departure is that there was an expiration date by which his contract needed to be renewed.
"In the last months Real Madrid offered me an offer of one year with 10% less salary," Ramos explained, per Fabrizio Romano.
"The money was never the problem. I wanted two years, then I accepted the proposal... but the contract renewal offer had an expiration date, and I didn't know about it."
Raphael Varane is said to be weighing up a transfer as well, meaning Ancelotti could lose both starting central defenders in one summer.
Featured Image Credit: PA Images
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read