sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Tyson Fury could be banned for Oleksandr Usyk fight unless he makes major change to his appearance
Home>Boxing>Boxing News
Updated 17:46 17 Dec 2024 GMTPublished 17:43 17 Dec 2024 GMT

Tyson Fury could be banned for Oleksandr Usyk fight unless he makes major change to his appearance

Fury has entered 'beast mode' ahead of the rematch against Usyk.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Tyson Fury will have to make a noticeable change to his appearance before stepping into the ring with Oleksandr Usyk or face falling foul of boxing regulations.

The self-proclaimed 'Gypsy King' will take on Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC, WBA and WBO titles in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on December 21.

Earlier this year, Fury was accused of not taking his training camp seriously in the build-up to his heavyweight title defeat against Usyk, which was the first loss of his professional career.

"He wasn’t fit for that fight," said former Irish fighter John Egan. "I don’t care what anybody says. He didn’t prepare properly for that fight. His training camp was broken up."

Advert

On this occasion, however, nobody can refute his commitment. In fact, Fury has not spoken to wife Paris for three months because he's been in "beast mode" ahead of fight night.

"I haven't spoken to anyone, not been on my phone, I've been away from it all. I just wanted to give myself the best opportunity I can," he told TNT Sports.

“I don't want to keep dividing modes from beast mode, to Dad mode, wife mode, I've not spoken to anybody on the phone, that's it. I've just been in the camp the whole time."

Fury is determined to have his hand raised on Saturday night and has been focused on working at his game. In fact, he hasn't touched anywhere from the eyeballs down when it comes to grooming.

The 36-year-old recently told reporters that he had no plans to trim or shave his beard until after the rematch with Usyk.

But despite being reluctant to get rid of the lengthy facial hair, his new beard will need to be tamed on Saturday as regulations state that boxers need to have their jawline visible for safety reasons.

As per the WBC rulebook, boxers must be shaved, without a beard before the medical examination (only a thin mustache not exceeding the length of the upper lip will be allowed).

Fury sported a lengthy beard during a recent interview. Image credit: YouTube/Frank Warren's Queensberry Promotion
Fury sported a lengthy beard during a recent interview. Image credit: YouTube/Frank Warren's Queensberry Promotion

It feels like we'll see a different Tyson Fury on Saturday night. In a recent interview, he promised to reduce his showboating in the rematch with Usyk.

"I need to be more focused this time and not do as much showboating," he said. "I don't believe the showboating cost me the fight but I need to be more focused this time and not do as much."

Who will come out on top? Let us know in the comments.

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images

Topics: Tyson Fury, Oleksandr Usyk, Boxing, Boxing News

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

15 hours ago
23 hours ago
a day ago
  • Getty Images
    15 hours ago

    Rico Verhoeven confirms he will appeal Oleksandr Usyk defeat after controversial stoppage

    The kickboxing champion has reacted to the controversial end to his iconic fight with Usyk.

    Boxing
  • Mohamed Hassam/Getty
    23 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven scorecards spark mass outrage after Glory in Giza fight

    This could be the most controversial fight in modern boxing history.

    Boxing
  • Mark Robinson/Getty
    23 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk makes tragic admission after controversial victory over Rico Verhoeven

    The undefeated boxer had a very hard night.

    Boxing
  • Candice Ward/Stringer/Getty
    a day ago

    Floyd Mayweather aims staggering $175 million lawsuit alleging fraud at former associates

    This is crazy.

    Boxing
  • 'I am coming' - Tyson Fury names the huge fight he wants after he 'beats' Anthony Joshua
  • Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven scorecards spark mass outrage after Glory in Giza fight
  • 'I am ready' - Oleksandr Usyk sparks frenzy as he sends message to Tyson Fury about third fight
  • Rico Verhoeven confirms he will appeal Oleksandr Usyk defeat after controversial stoppage