sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Mark Goldbridge 'absolutely gutted' with Man Utd transfer decision that could have major impact on season
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 15:01 16 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Mark Goldbridge 'absolutely gutted' with Man Utd transfer decision that could have major impact on season

Goldbridge is not happy.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Mark Goldbridge has said he is 'absolutely gutted' that Harry Maguire is staying at Manchester United - due to the money that the club have missed out on.

United accepted a £30 million bid from West Ham for the 30-year-old centre-back, before holding talks over a potential pay-off.

That was due to the difference between Maguire's potential salary at the Hammers compared to his current one at United.

But The Guardian reported on Tuesday that West Ham had pulled out of the deal, as they were 'tired of waiting' for the pay-off dispute between Maguire and United to be solved.

Advert

Although it was claimed that a deal could be resurrected later in the window, it was later reported by various outlets that the England defender would not be moving to the London Stadium.

Maguire looks set to remain at Old Trafford beyond the end of the transfer window - unless another team arrives with an acceptable bid or contract offer, or the defender forces the move himself.

Now, Goldbridge has given his verdict on the move collapsing.

Mark Goldbridge on Harry Maguire, Man Utd

Goldbridge took to Twitter to take aim at United for not sealing transfers away from the club for both Maguire and team-mate Scott McTominay.

He wrote: "Absolutely gutted Maguire is staying. That's £60 million we've turned down for him and McTominay... absolute sickener. [Director of football, John] Murtough Madness get lost."

Goldbridge had previously claimed that United must sell McTominay this summer - as they would likely never get the chance to receive as high a fee again.

"If West Ham are interested, and they want him for £40 million, or £30 million, find a middle ground," he began.

"Don't say, 'We're going to reject £35 million', because you want £40 million. McTominay hasn't had a good game in nearly a year. He's not an established first team player. He's worth about £30 million.

"If we don't take the money for him now, you will never get that money again. That's why United need to be negotiating a deal."

Featured Image Credit: Getty / YouTube/Mark Goldbridge

Topics: Mark Goldbridge, Manchester United, Scott Mctominay, Harry Maguire, Premier League, Transfers, West Ham United

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Mark Goldbridge Breaks Silence on Man Utd 'Phone Call' After Livestream Interruption
  • Goldbridge Tells Two Man Utd Stars To Hand In Transfer Requests After Forest Draw
  • Mark Goldbridge fumes at Man Utd after Harry Maguire and Scott McTominay offers rejected
  • Mark Goldbridge's Reaction to Man Utd Sacking Ruben Amorim While Livestreaming

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Final Champions League spot could be decided by play-off as unthinkable scenario unfolds

    This has never happened before, but it's genuinely possible with a game left to play in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years

    Arsenal are the 2026 Premier League champions and Rice made sure to celebrate.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    'I've studied Pep for a while' - Micah Richards reacts to Pep Guardiola's response to exit rumours

    Richards also said Manchester City's players went against the club's ethos as they surrendered the Premier League title to Arsenal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football