• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Decision made on Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr future amid Club World Cup claims

Home> Football> Transfer News

Updated 15:44 30 May 2025 GMT+1Published 15:32 30 May 2025 GMT+1

Decision made on Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr future amid Club World Cup claims

The former Sporting CP, Man Utd, Real Madrid and Juventus forward has been linked with a move away from Al Nassr.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Cristiano Ronaldo, Al Nassr, Saudi Pro League, Football, Transfer News, MLS, Sporting Lisbon, Saudi Arabia, Gianni Infantino

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football - both in England and abroad - as well as combat sports.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Advert

Advert

Advert

A decision has reportedly been made on the future of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo, 40, is out of contract at Al Nassr on June 30, but he insinuated that he could leave the club after their 3-2 defeat against Al Fateh during the final Saudi Pro League game of the season.

Ronaldo posted a photograph of himself accompanied by the caption: "This chapter is over. The story? Still being written. Grateful to all."

Advert

This came just days after FIFA president Gianni Infantino suggested that he could still feature during this summer’s Club World Cup despite Al Nassr not taking part in the competition.

"Ronaldo might play for one of the teams as well at the Club World Cup," Infantino said last week.

"There are discussions with some clubs, so if any club is watching and is interested in hiring Ronaldo for the Club World Cup... who knows, who knows?"

The Portuguese has been linked with potential moves to the MLS, Brazil and even a return to his boyhood club Sporting.

Advert

On Friday afternoon (May 30), journalist Santi Aouna issued an update on the player’s future via X.

“Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at Al-Nassr,” he wrote.

“Full agreement in place between the parties

Cristiano Ronaldo is currently at Al Nassr (Credit:Getty)
Cristiano Ronaldo is currently at Al Nassr (Credit:Getty)

Advert

“Saudi sources told us he HAS already signed his new contract with Al-Nassr.”

Despite his age and Al Nassr’s lack of success, there’s no doubting the positive impact Ronaldo has had on the club and Saudi Arabian football in general.

The 40-year-old finished top of the league’s goal scorer chart with 25 strikes, three more than England and Al-Ahli striker Ivan Toney.

But there's no escaping the fact that Ronaldo is not the player he once was. So, when could he hang up his boots?

Advert

Well, Ronaldo has provided various stances on the topic of retirement throughout his career and gave an update when he spoke to Portuguese TV channel Now in 2024.

"I don't know if I will retire soon, in two or three years, but probably I will retire here at Al Nassr," Ronaldo said.

"I'm happy at this club, I feel good in this country too. I'm happy to play in Saudi Arabia and I want to continue."

  • Cristiano Ronaldo could earn millions as Al Nassr 'put up for sale'
  • Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr set for major ownership change just days after he signed £340 million deal
  • Cristiano Ronaldo's astronomical new Al Nassr contract broken down including how much he will earn per SECOND
  • Full breakdown of Cristiano Ronaldo's new £492m Al Nassr contract emerges and it's absolutely mindblowing

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty ImagesGetty Images
    an hour ago

    Alejandro Garnacho criticised for incident in stands just seven minutes into Chelsea vs Fulham game

    Garnacho was at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon.

    Football
  • Getty ImagesGetty Images
    an hour ago

    Andre Onana's Man Utd career hits new low as brutal reason Premier League club rejected transfer emerges

    Andre Onana's Man Utd career appears to have sunk to a new low after he was rejected by a Premier League club for a brutal reason.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    2 hours ago

    Fans call referee's two-word explanation for VAR interference during Chelsea vs Fulham the 'worst in Premier League history'

    Premier League fans took to social media to call out what they thought was a refereeing mistake during Chelsea vs Fulham.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    2 hours ago

    Ben Chilwell linked with Chelsea exit and fans are 'annoyed' with what's going on

    The England international spent half of the 2024/25 campaign on loan at Crystal Palace and does not appear to be part of Chelsea's plans.

    Football