The Brazilian stood on the goalkeeper who hit the deck injured and as the ball got headed away, Emile Smith Rowe volleyed home into an unguarded net.
Match referee Martin Atkinson blew his whistle AFTER the ball hit the back of net, with the incident going to a VAR review.
The goal stood following a check to the dismay of the Man United team as they remonstrated the decision to award the strike.
CONTROVERSY AT OLD TRAFFORD!
Emile Smith Rowe scores with David De Gea on the floor injured... AND THE GOAL STANDS!#PLonPrime #MUNARS pic.twitter.com/dEumm7SzhA
- Amazon Prime Video Sport (@primevideosport) December 2, 2021
On the decision to award the goal, Rob Green said: "It's a genuine injury. The goalkeeper is down. That's an astounding decision, it's just plain wrong."
What's your take? Let us know.
Featured Image Credit: Amazon Prime
- Spanish FA congratulated David de Gea on his international retirement despite him having no intention to quit
- Man United Goalkeeper Paul Woolston Forced To Retire At 23, David De Gea Pays Tribute
- David De Gea Breaks Down How It Feels To Represent Manchester United At The Moment
- David De Gea Makes 'Curse' Claim When Asked Why Man United Have Struggled Since Sir Alex Ferguson's Retirement