Journalist gives key Man Utd takeover update after new Sir Jim Ratcliffe bid revealed
| Last updated
Sir Jim Ratcliffe's revised bid for Manchester United is believed to be 'very competitive', according to journalist Ben Jacobs.
A statement from Ratcliffe and the Ineos Group confirms that a revised offer has been made for the club, after they were granted an extension by Raine Group on Wednesday evening.
In the statement, a spokesperson for Ineos said (via The Independent): "Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos can confirm we have submitted a revised bid."
The Independent also claim that Sheikh Jassim, through his foundation, is prepared to increase his bid for United as the process continues.
Now, Jacobs has given some significant detail behind the new Ratcliffe offer.
Ratcliffe offer details revealed
Taking to Twitter, the CBS Sports journalist revealed what he has been told about the Ratcliffe bid, and where it stands in comparison to the previous offer made for the club.
He wrote: "Understand the Ratcliffe bid is improved from first offer and very competitive, based on confidence and positivity from the in-person meetings last week."
Ratcliffe visited Old Trafford and Carrington last week alongside his representatives to talk to United chiefs - and even briefly met manager Erik ten Hag.
Reflecting on the brief meeting before United's FA Cup quarter-final clash against Fulham, Ten Hag said: "I just met them and shook hands but I am focused on the game. We play a big game on Sunday and all our focus is on that."
Representatives from Sheikh Jassim's bid - but not the man himself - were also present in Manchester last week. A revised bid from his foundation is still being awaited, according to reports.
Meanwhile, US hedge fund Elliott Management submitted an offer for a minority stake in the club before Wednesday's 9pm deadline, with Ratcliffe/Ineos and Sheikh Jassim applying for and being granted extensions, as per Manchester Evening News.
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
Topics: Manchester United, Premier League