sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man City smash record for prize money bonuses after winning the treble
Home>Football
Published 15:43 11 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Man City smash record for prize money bonuses after winning the treble

It is a record-breaking season for Man City following their Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League wins.

Will Evans

Will Evans

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester City will add another huge sum of money to their prize pot after defeating Inter Milan 1-0 in the Champions League final last night.

The Citizens became only the second English side to win the treble, matching the 1999 achievement of their arch-rivals Manchester United.

A 68th-minute goal from Rodri was all that separated the two sides and emotions were high at full-time.

Manager Pep Guardiola finally got his hands on the one trophy that has eluded him during his City spell, 12 years after he last won it with Barcelona.

Advert

READ MORE:

  • Scott Carson calls out fan for 'not doing his research' after Champions League final

The victory last night sees the club pocket £95m taking their total prize money pot for the season to almost £280m, as per The Mirror.

It adds to the huge £180m they picked up for lifting a third Premier League in a row last month, and the £3.9m they picked up after defeating United in last week's FA Cup final.

Not that City need it, but the money is certainly enough to help finance anything they spend during the transfer window this summer as they look to build on the historic success.

Speaking to BT Sport after the victory Guardiola said: “This competition is a coin (toss). But we were there.

“I think it was written in the stars this season that it belonged to us and we did it."

He added: "It’s not the scoreline or performance that matters though, City will go down in history as will Guardiola who becomes the only manager to win the treble twice.

"The momentum started winning the Premier League, then the FA Cup, and now we finish here,” he added.

Rumours have been circulating about the future of some key players and the manager now they’ve won everything, but now is the time for celebrating

They will cap off the triumph with an open-top bus parade through the streets of Manchester on Monday evening.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Manchester City, Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, Pep Guardiola

Will Evans
Will Evans

Sports journalist with experience writing for local and national titles.

X

@WillEvo20

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Pep Guardiola issues huge update on Man City exit hours before FA Cup final against Chelsea
  • Pep Guardiola delivers hilarious moment in press conference after Man City beat Brentford
  • Man City and Chelsea break unwanted FA Cup final record that has stood for 20 years
  • Man City exodus continues amid Pep Guardiola rumours as another player put up for sale

Choose your content:

29 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    29 mins ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Xabi Alonso's response when asked about future of three Chelsea players on live TV

    New Chelsea boss Xabi Alonso discussed the situation of three players during an impromptu interview on live TV.

    Football