sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Why Barcelona still can't register Dani Olmo despite three recent departures at the club
Home>Football>La Liga>FC Barcelona
Published 14:21 26 Aug 2024 GMT+1

Why Barcelona still can't register Dani Olmo despite three recent departures at the club

Barcelona boss Hansi Flick has shared his thoughts on not being able to register Dani Olmo.

Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Barcelona still CAN'T register new signing Dani Olmo despite three recent departures at the club.

Barca signed Olmo from RB Leipzig in a deal worth a reported £51 million earlier this month.

His transfer materialised after he starred at this summer's Euro 2024, where he helped Spain to glory.

Olmo, who was joint top-scorer at Euro 2024, penned a six-year contract that has a release clause of £429 million.

Advert

But the 26-year-old has yet to feature for Barca this season.

The club have been unable to register their former youth player despite offloading Vitor Roque, Clement Lenglet and Mikayil Faye.

Even though Lenglet, Roque and Faye have recently left the Camp Nou, the Catalan giants still do NOT have the salary margin to register Olmo, according to Adria Soldevila.

Barca, who have won their opening two league games of the new season, resume their campaign on Tuesday when they face Rayo Vallecano.

And Hansi Flick is hoping to call upon Olmo's services for the clash at the Estadio de Vallecas.

"I’m always hopeful, I was also hoping for him for the last game. It would be great to have him for tomorrow’s game," he said in Monday's pre-match press conference.

Dani Olmo in the stands for Barcelona's game against Athletic Bilbao. Image: Getty
Dani Olmo in the stands for Barcelona's game against Athletic Bilbao. Image: Getty

On Olmo's situation, the German coach added: "These are things that neither the player nor the team can control. We talked about the situation, we know it is difficult here in Barcelona. I believe in the club and I hope we can register him for tomorrow’s game.

“Any player who can’t play is obviously not happy. But he knows why that is. I’m sure that if he’s on the list he’ll be 100 per cent."

Flick was pressed on whether there'd be more departures this summer to allow Olmo's registration to which he replied: "There are players who have left in the last few days. We need players to be able to play and be competitive with the other teams.

"We are really going to get Dani signed up."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Barcelona, Football

Nasir Jabbar
Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar is a journalist at SPORTbible. He graduated from Bath Spa University with a BA in Media Communications. He's a combat sport aficionado and has contributed to MMA websites AddictedMMA and CagePotato. Nasir has covered some of the biggest fights, while interviewing the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Darren Till. He's also an avid Bristol City fan.

X

@NasJabbar

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    an hour ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment described by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Eddie Keogh/Stringer/Getty
    2 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola praised after speaking about the one regret he's ‘hid deep inside for many years'

    The Manchester City man still thinks about it.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Barcelona ready to terminate forgotten man's contract to help register Marcus Rashford
  • Barcelona finally register Dani Olmo after exploiting La Liga loophole
  • Three Players Liverpool Could Still Sign Despite Winter Transfer Window Closing
  • Chelsea delete nine players who cost £200m from their official website despite them still being at the club