To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Mbappe rejected a move to Real over the weekend and instead opted to sign a new three-year deal with Paris Saint-Germain.
Everyone expected the 23-year-old to swap Paris for Madrid this summer with his contract winding down. One of those was France teammate Benzema, who shared a post of Tupac and the man who allegedly betrayed him to Instagram.
The topic of Mbappe came up ahead of Saturday's Champions League final with Liverpool and Benzema told Movistar: "Mbappe? I would say that [Real Madrid] are going to play the Champions League final, and this is not the moment to talk about these little things.
"No, I prefer not to talk. I am not angry.
"I am focused on the Champions League final. It’s more important to do this than listen to other things."
It had previously been claimed Mbappe was given sporting control with his bumper new deal, which includes a say on the manager and players PSG buy.
Sporting director Leonardo has reportedly been let go after three years at the helm and Mbappe reportedly wasn't a fan.
Luis Campos, who Mbappe worked with at Monaco, is said to be one of the frontrunners to replace Leonardo.
Mbappe denied those claims in Monday's press conference, stressing his role doesn't go above being a footballer.
The World Cup winner is yet to win the Champions League with PSG and believes his story in the French capital isn't over yet.
"Everybody knows I wanted to leave last year," he admitted.
"I was convinced that was the best decision at the time. The context is different now, in sporting terms and personal terms.
"France is the country where I grew up, I’ve always lived here and leaving wasn’t right. The sporting project has changed as well, that made me want to stay, I don’t think my story is over yet."
Real based their recent transfer business on Mbappe's arrival and have been caught off guard by the situation.
Mbappe communicated his decision to Los Blancos president Florentino Perez via text message on Saturday.
It's expected the La Liga giants will look to strengthen elsewhere on the pitch, with Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni a key target.
Featured Image Credit: Twitter & Alamy
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read