Man United captain Bruno Fernandes will face no 'FA punishment' after demanding apology from Jon Moss
| Last updated
Bruno Fernandes will face no FA punishment after demanding an apology from Jon Moss following Manchester United's crushing defeat at Tottenham.
Man United lost 2-0 to Spurs last Saturday, with Fernandes left fuming after his side were denied a penalty in the first-half of their Premier League clash.
Alejandro Garnacho's shot struck Cristian Romero's outstretched arm, with VAR reviewing the potential handball.
But match referee Michael Oliver took no action as he awarded a corner and play continued.
Spurs went onto bag two second-half goals, with Pape Sarr and Lisandro Martinez (own-goal) scoring to secure their first win of the 2023/24 campaign.
The decision not to award Man United a penalty angered Fernandes, who hit out at referee chief Moss.
The Portuguese demanded an apology as he referenced the uproar surrounding the incident between Andre Onana and Sasa Kalajdzic.
Speaking after the result, he said: "Last week they made a big thing on United not having a penalty against them [Wolves].
"I want to see what's going to happen this week if it's going to happen the same show they did last week."
The Red Devils captain added: "I want to see if Jon Moss also comes to apologise to our dressing room like they said he did to the manager of Wolves."
It had been reported that he could face further sanctions for his comments about Moss, but the player won't be punished for his outburst.
A potential ban, however, could spell bad news for Erik ten Hag and fans alike as Man United face Arsenal on September 3.
A FA sanction could see him miss the big Emirates showdown.
Man United return to action on Saturday when they host Nottingham Forest before playing Mikel Arteta's side.
They then entertain Brighton before travelling to Vincent Kompany's Burnley.