When Is Cristiano Ronaldo's First Game For Manchester United?
Since joining United as a fresh-faced 18-year-old, Ronaldo has since broken records left, right and centre - more recently smashing the men’s all-time international scoring record with his beloved Portugal.
And as he embarks on a second spell at Old Trafford after 12 trophy-laden years away at Real Madrid and Juventus, the 36-year-old will be gearing himself up for his second United debut, but when will it be?
Ronaldo Man Utd Debut: When will Ronaldo play his first game?
Cristiano Ronaldo is likely to make his debut in United’s fourth game of the season against Newcastle United this weekend after declaring himself “so happy to be back home” and insisting he was out “to win trophies” in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
In a recent interview, Solskjaer spoke about how he was hopeful that Ronaldo would play against Newcastle.
"I hope he will, we're working to get that done," said the Norwegian.
"Of course the players are excited, some have played with him in their national team.
"You see the fans - they're excited. That's what he does, he's a special player."
How To Watch Ronaldo’s Man Utd debut on UK TV
As it stands, the Red Devils' game against the Magpies will not be televised in the UK.
For those who are not Sky subscribers, BBC's Match of the Day will be televising all of Saturday's action from 10.30pm with Gary Lineker co. Will Ronaldo be involved in the action?
Other upcoming Man Utd fixtures include:
- Young Boys vs Man Utd - Tuesday, 14th September at 5.45pm BST
- West Ham vs Man Utd - Sunday, 19th September at 7:45pm BST
- Man Utd vs Aston Villa - Sunday, 25th September at 3pm BST
Featured Image Credit: PA Images
- "It is decided..." - Avram Glazer breaks silence on Manchester United sale and Cristiano Ronaldo's departure
- Cristiano Ronaldo's 'final' Manchester United shirt has sold at auction for £39,000
- Cristiano Ronaldo will be 'effectively sacked' by Manchester United for breach of contract, say reports
- "It's my decision" - Manchester United star responds to Cristiano Ronaldo's explosive interview