sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Barcelona Transfer Plans Revealed, £172 Million For Xavi To Spend On Four World Class Talents
Home>Football
Published 11:55 2 Jul 2022 GMT+1

Barcelona Transfer Plans Revealed, £172 Million For Xavi To Spend On Four World Class Talents

The Catalan club looks to have settled their economic issues.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Barcelona are hoping to give their manager Xavi a kitty of £172 million to spend on four top players in the summer transfer window. 

Bayern Munich star striker Robert Lewandowski is believed to be the top of the wish list for Barcelona, with Xavi also interested in Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva, Leeds winger Raphinha and Sevilla centre back Jules Kounde. 

However, German champions Bayern are reluctant to part ways with Lewandowski, but the Polish international has previously said that he sees his future elsewhere and would be interested in joining Barcelona from the Bavarian club. The club are believed to be lining up in bid worth £34.5 million. 

City man Silva is also said to be tempted with a move to Spain, with the player reportedly sending a ‘come and get me’ text to Barcelona officials back in 2021. 

Robert Lewandowski has received communication from Barcelona of their new proposal to Bayern: €40m guaranteed plus add-ons. 🚨🇵🇱 #FCB

Lewandowski has confirmed his intention to wait again for Barça, also thanks to the relationships between his agent and Laporta.

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 29, 2022

In terms of Raphinha, it has been reported that Barcelona have already made an official bid, but it falls short of Chelsea’s £60 million offer, which has been accepted by Leeds. 

Advert

Raphinha and his agent Deco are taking their time in order to wait for an improved bid from Barcelona. 

According to Spanish news outlet Mundo Deportivo, the Catalan club are looking to raise funds for transfers by selling another 15% of their TV rights in a deal worth an eye watering £344 million. 

The club announced earlier in the week that they have sold 10% of their TV rights over the next 25 years to American investment company Sixth Street Partners, but if they want to sign more top players, they would need to sell more. 

FC Barcelona and Sixth Street reach an agreement for the acquisition of a 10% share of the Club’s LaLiga TV rights

🔗 All the details: https://t.co/B2IRqpr0vk pic.twitter.com/09V97A1MWS

— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) June 30, 2022

Barcelona officials are hoping to seal the second TV rights deal by 17 July, on that day, the club are due to set off on their pre season tour of the United States, during their time in the US, they will play four games in total, including a game against arch rivals, Real Madrid. 

If the deal is successful, they will have the room to move for their four top targets, plus two more. 

Xavi is looking to raid Chelsea as he holds strong interests in Spanish defensive duo, Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso. 

After the conclusion of their first TV rights deal, they have closed the financial year without losses. 

Despite the injection of money, the club are yet to register new signings Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessie, the duo signed for the club last month. 

Both Franck Kessié and Andreas Christensen have all paperworks signed with Barcelona, contract are ready - Barça told them and agents weeks ago that there will be no issue. ✅🔵🔴 #FCB

Just a matter of time for the official statements.

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 30, 2022

Last week, the Barcelona board members voted to sell part of its retail arm Barcelona Licensing and Merchandising and part of its future TV rights revenue. 

Club president Joan Laporta said at the time that the deals could total up to £600 million. 

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Football, Barcelona, Xavi, Robert Lewandowski, Joan Laporta, La Liga, Raphinha, Chelsea

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
14 hours ago
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Enzo Maresca set to raid Chelsea at Man City as talks held with 'desired' transfer target

    Enzo Maresca is already looking to make his mark at Manchester City as he prepares to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    11 hours ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment explained by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Eddie Keogh/Stringer/Getty
    12 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola praised after speaking about the one regret he's ‘hid deep inside for many years'

    The Manchester City man still thinks about it.

    Football
  • Getty
    14 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Xavi drops Lionel Messi bombshell as Barcelona 'betrayal' revealed
  • Hansi Flick speaks out on Lamine Yamal waving Palestine flag during Barcelona title parade - 'Something I don't like'
  • Barcelona Fans Turn On Player After What He Did During Shock Sevilla Defeat
  • Xavi had no doubts when naming the one Premier League club he would have left Barcelona to sign for