sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of midfield target as PL rivals launch major bid
Home>Football
Updated 15:10 30 Jan 2023 GMTPublished 15:11 30 Jan 2023 GMT

Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of midfield target as PL rivals launch major bid

Everton have reportedly launched an initial £40 million bid for Conor Gallagher, which could open the door for Arsenal to sign Amadou Onana.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal have been handed a potential boost in their pursuit of Everton star Amadou Onana, with the Toffees reportedly making a bid to sign Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher.

The offer, as per Fabrizio Romano, is believed to be worth £40 million plus £5 million in add-ons.

Following the appointment of Sean Dyche as manager, strengthening the squad is a priority for Everton for the remainder of January. They sold Anthony Gordon to Newcastle on Sunday for a total fee of £45 million, and will now look to reinvest that money in the squad.

Gallagher was previously reported to be a target for former Toffees boss Frank Lampard, who briefly managed the midfielder during his time at Chelsea prior to a loan move to Crystal Palace.

Advert

But despite Lampard's exit, it appears Everton are still pressing ahead with a move, and that could be good news for Arsenal.

Arsenal keen on Everton star Onana

According to RMC Sport journalist Sacha Tavolieri, Onana could leave Goodison Park in January after Frank Lampard's sacking.

Journalist Graeme Bailey recently told the Talking Transfers Podcast that Arsenal may still launch a bid for the Belgian international, who played for his country at the World Cup.

Those efforts may be strengthened by reports from Sky Sports of the club having a second bid rejected for Brighton star Moises Caicedo.

Speaking to Goodison News, former Everton striker Kevin Campbell says the Toffees need to try and keep Onana, but expects other teams to launch bids.

He said: "Teams know that Everton are strapped against FFP, so teams are probably going to chance their arm. If a new manager needs money, could Onana be the sacrificial piece?

"That's what other clubs are going to try to do. If you're Everton, he's a piece I don't think you can afford to let go, but teams are going to test the resolve."

Everton signed Onana from Lille in the summer for £33 million, and despite the club's struggles in the Premier League this season, the midfielder has been one of the more impressive Toffees players this term.

It remains to be seen whether a big bid can test their resolve, however, with just over a day remaining in the transfer market - but the signing of Gallagher could open the door for a Goodison Park exit for Onana.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Everton, Conor Gallagher, Premier League, Arsenal, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
3 hours ago
12 hours ago
13 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Arsenal's Premier League trophy lift plans confirmed as Gunners celebrate historic triumph

    Arsenal have also made a decision on their kit for the special moment at Selhurst Park.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    FIFA approve Iran's rare request for World Cup amid United States peace deal talks

    Iran's Mehdi Taj has confirmed how Iran's World Cup preparations will change drastically after the approval.

    Football
  • DeFodi Images/Getty
    12 hours ago

    Napoli reject two Premier League offers for Scott McTominay as future takes new twist

    Could we see a homecoming?

    Football
  • Getty
    13 hours ago

    'Such a massive club...' - Player publicly confirms interest in signing for Man Utd this summer

    United are heavily linked with two midfielders but a third transfer target has spoken out.

    Football
  • Arsenal preparing shock bid to sign Man City player amid Pep Guardiola exit uncertainty
  • Arsenal handed huge potential boost for Champions League final after PSG star suffers injury scare
  • Bukayo Saka sends message directly to Arsenal rivals after winning Premier League
  • Man Utd turn attention to cheaper midfield alternative as they refuse to meet price for top target