• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Everton's statement confirming Anthony Gordon's move to Newcastle United is incredibly blunt

Home> Football

Updated 20:42 29 Jan 2023 GMTPublished 17:23 29 Jan 2023 GMT

Everton's statement confirming Anthony Gordon's move to Newcastle United is incredibly blunt

The 21-year-old put pen to paper on a long-term deal on Sunday.

Daniel Marland

Daniel Marland

Featured Image Credit: Newcastle United & Alamy

Topics: Anthony Gordon, Everton, Newcastle United, Premier League

Daniel Marland
Daniel Marland

Daniel is a social editor for SPORTbible after moving from the writing team. Nearly scored past Stormzy at Old Trafford once.

X

@DanMarland_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Anthony Gordon has completed a transfer to Newcastle United - with former side Everton confirming the news via a blunt statement online.

The 21-year-old had been with his boyhood club since the age of 11 and rose through the ranks, eventually playing a vital role in their Premier League survival last season.

He was linked with a move to Chelsea over the summer but stayed at Goodison Park after the Blues failed to meet Everton's £60 million asking price.

Advert

Gordon scored seven goals in 78 first-team appearances but his conduct over the last few weeks has outraged supporters.

The England U21 international missed training at Finch Farm on Tuesday due to a planned absence, but didn't return on Wednesday or Thursday.

Gordon completed his move to Newcastle on Sunday and Everton confirmed they accepted a bid of an undisclosed amount after the winger submitted a formal transfer request.

Advert

The statement on Everton's website is rather blunt, given Gordon's connection to the club over the last decade, although the way his final few months on Merseyside have gone down doesn't make for pleasant reading.

It reads: "Anthony Gordon has joined Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

Gordon has joined Newcastle on a long-term deal. (Image
Alamy)

"The 21-year-old forward leaves Everton after having submitted a formal transfer request.

Advert

"Gordon joined the club’s academy at the age of 11 and made his senior debut as a 16-year-old in a Europa League tie in December 2017. He went on to make 78 First-Team appearances, scoring seven goals."

Gordon is Newcastle's first signing of the transfer window, with the Magpies flying high in the Premier League. Newcastle are currently third in the table and have one foot in the Carabao Cup final, holding a 1-0 lead over Southampton following their first leg showdown last Tuesday.

Gordon told NUFC TV he wanted to move to St. James' Park as soon as he heard Newcastle were interested. He believes he can develop further under Eddie Howe, who has improved several players since becoming manager.

Gordon played a key role in Everton avoiding relegation last season. (Image
Alamy)

Advert

He said: "Since I heard of the interest, I was always convinced Newcastle were for me.

"I think the fan base and the city really suits me as a person, the way the team are playing under the gaffer at the minute really suits me, and the club just look like they're heading in the right direction.

"I feel like it's a really big step. People haven't seen what I'm capable of yet. I think under the gaffer, and the way the club's going, I can really excel here."

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • EA SportsEA Sports
    4 hours ago

    Man Utd player ratings on EA FC 26 leaked as fans left stunned by squad

    There are a number of significant changes compared to EA FC 25.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    5 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel's true feelings on Trent Alexander-Arnold revealed after England snub

    Trent Alexander-Arnold has been left out of Thomas Tuchel's latest England squad.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    6 hours ago

    UEFA 'receive urgent request' over Maccabi Tel Aviv as Israeli team draw Aston Villa in Europa League

    Maccabi Tel Aviv are Israel's only representative in the group stages of this season's European competitions.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    6 hours ago

    Scott McTominay has made his feelings clear on Kobbie Mainoo amid Napoli transfer rumours

    The Napoli midfielder previously played alongside Mainoo during his time at Manchester United.

    Football
  • Newcastle fans interrupt Anthony Gordon interview with x-rated Alexander Isak chant after Aston Villa draw
  • Everton release incredibly blunt statement confirming Neal Maupay's move to Marseille
  • Everton savagely mock Anthony Gordon after his penalty miss for Newcastle United
  • Virgil van Dijk reveals what he said to Anthony Gordon after his sending off