sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
John Fury issues new statement as Carl Froch accepts fight on undercard
Home>Boxing>Boxing News
Updated 12:36 20 Feb 2026 GMTPublished 12:31 20 Feb 2026 GMT

John Fury issues new statement as Carl Froch accepts fight on undercard

Fury wants to feature on the undercard of his son's comeback fight against Arslanbek Makhmudov in April.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

John Fury will not use a trainer for his proposed fight against Carl Froch and will instead prepare for the former super-middleweight champion by "chopping trees" and eating "the filth of the earth".

Earlier this week, at a press conference for Tyson Fury's comeback fight against Arslan Makhmudov, a furious John Fury stormed around the venue to try and find long-term adversary Carl Froch.

He eventually interrupted Netflix's coverage of the event, where he could be heard shouting at Froch, who was on punditry duty alongside Lennox Lewis and presenter Anna Woolhouse.

In fact, Fury called out Froch and repeatedly shouted "run like a f***ing b***h". He later proposed that the pair settle their defences inside the ring on the undercard of Fury vs Makhmudov in April.

Advert

"Where do you want to fight at, mate?" he said. "We’ll do it in the ring, under the lights. I’ll fight you at Tottenham in eight weeks' time. Me and you, Tottenham, undercard, eight weeks."

John Fury during the Tyson Fury and Arslan Makhmudov face off. Image credit: Getty
John Fury during the Tyson Fury and Arslan Makhmudov face off. Image credit: Getty

After Fury urged streaming giants Netflix to contact him about a potential bout against Froch, the former super middleweight responded to Fury on Thursday night, accepting the challenge to face the 60-year-old.

"I feel like I'm the chosen one," Froch said in a video on his Froch on Fighting YouTube channel. "I feel like it might be my job to finally shut this big gobs***e up. All he does is run around running his mouth.

"John, one final time, listen to me so it goes into that thick skull. I accept the challenge but know one thing - I'm going to come over to your corner and absolutely f***ing stick it on your Cobra style."

He continued: "I'm thinking to myself, 'Is this guy actually being serious?'. He's telling Netflix to get in touch. I'm not going to turn it down. I'm not going to say I'm not going to fight him because John Fury's a big bully and big bullies need putting in their place and if I'm the man that has to do it, I will do it.

"I don't want to beat an old man up. I don't want to start on a 60-year-old man. I'm only 10 years younger than Big John Fury. He doesn't look well does he. I don't want to give him any stick but he looks f***ed."

Froch added: "He's 10 years older. I'm pressing on for 50. Is it a fair fight."

Responding and addressing to the video where he felt he was disrespected, Froch said he would "punch his f***ing head in" if he was stood in the room in front of him.

"He's such a big loudmouth gobs***e who's done f**k all and is living off his son's name," added Froch. "It actually winds me up."

Now, Fury has uploaded another update on Instagram, which he claims will be his last. Firstly, the former bare-knuckle fighter explained how he will prepare for the proposed contest.

"Another running video this morning, but it's not just a running video. I'm gonna be the first man to fight a three-time Hall of Famer and I'm just doing it myself, John Fury style," he said in the clip.

"Running, bare knuckle, heavy bag, eating, living in the woods, chopping trees, eating the filth of the earth. I'm doing it gypsy style, I'm gonna prove to everybody out there, where there's a will there's a way.

"I don't need a trainer. I don't need a SC. I don't need none of that crap, I'm going back to the 70s when men was men, if you want to be privy to all of this, contact me, let's hope you got some deep pockets but they're well worth it.

"It's better than the usual crap on the television, because John Fury can definitely bring it in every way. I'll wait to hear from you."

In a separate video on Friday, which was recorded shortly after the end of his run, Fury pledged to give some of the proceeds from his proposed fight against Froch to charity.

"I'm going to give three-quarters of the proceeds to well-known charities. Cancer Research and The Heart Foundation, because I think they need the money to move on and help people in the future," he said.

"I'm at the end of my life, me, but I'm only trying to do the best I can, hanging on to youth, because there's nothing in old age and old age doesn't come alone.

"Here's where we're at. I'm trying. I don't want to be the average 60-year-old, because you know what, you're only sat with your carpet slippers on, looking out the window, staring at the TV, it's over. And a man like me, I'd rather be dead than live like that.

"At 65 you've still got a life, and if you're in good health, God bless you all, I hope you are, you can still do good stuff. But I don't want anybody thinking it's a scam, because it's not a scam, it all gets done through solicitors.

"And you may think I'm a crackerjack, but I'm not really, I'm a good-hearted person. I'm not really interested in the rest of it because I've never ponced off a man's name in my life, and these people, they're YouTubing for a reason, because they've no money, and they want to stay relevant.

"I'm going to donate most of it to those two charities. Obviously, I can't do it for nothing, because it's hard work, and I do need expenses, but I'll only take expenses, and it'll be all in a contract with a solicitor, so you might think it's a scam coming from me, because of who I am, but it's not a scam."

Fury added: "It's from the heart, I'm trying to help people and I'll get in and fight them to the best I can."

Featured Image Credit: Froch on Fighting/YouTube - Instagram/gypsyjohnfury

Topics: Boxing, Boxing News, John Fury, Tyson Fury, Carl Froch

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
a day ago
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua date revealed by Eddie Hearn in latest update

    The fight continues to be pushed back as both fighters are preparing for their respective warm-ups

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    a day ago

    Venezuela Fury reacts to comments about £5million wedding gift package from parents Tyson and Paris

    Venezuela Fury has reacted to comments about the £5million wedding gift package from her parents Tyson and Paris.

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    a day ago

    John Fury leaks details of furious phone call with Eddie Hall that started Tommy feud

    John Fury has detailed the phone call he had with Eddie Hall that started his feud with Tommy.

    Boxing
  • Instagram - Noah Price
    a day ago

    Venezuela Fury's husband breaks newly-wed tradition during honeymoon

    Noah Price continues to defy marriage norms as he breaks a golden rule on a honeymoon paid by Tyson

    Boxing
  • John Fury 'accepts' blockbuster fight on Tyson Fury undercard
  • Carl Froch breaks his silence on John Fury fight as chilling threat sent
  • Carl Froch drops major update on John Fury fight after public call out
  • Darren Till wades in on John Fury vs Carl Froch beef with vicious message