• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Carl Froch breaks his silence on John Fury fight as chilling threat sent

Home> Boxing> Boxing News

Updated 21:45 19 Feb 2026 GMTPublished 21:29 19 Feb 2026 GMT

Carl Froch breaks his silence on John Fury fight as chilling threat sent

John Fury exploded on Carl Froch ahead of a press conference for Tyson Fury's comeback fight against Arslanbek Makhmudov.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Froch on Fighting / YouTube

Topics: Carl Froch, John Fury, Tyson Fury

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Carl Froch has responded to John Fury after he said he would fight the former world champion on the undercard of his son Tyson's comeback bout.

Earlier this week, Fury caused chaos ahead of the press conference for the Gypsy King's encounter with Arslan Makhmudov at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on April 11.

'Big John' spotted Froch doing punditry on a platform and called him out as he repeatedly shouted "run like a f***ing b***h".

Fury Sr took issue with videos made by Froch on YouTube and on his Instagram, proposed that the pair settle their defences inside the ring on the undercard in April.

Advert

Fury, who has also been going after Joe Egan, said: "Where do you want to fight at, mate? We’ll do it in the ring, under the lights. I’ll fight you at Tottenham in eight weeks' time. Me and you, Tottenham, undercard, eight weeks’ time".

The 60-year-old urged Froch, who he continues to call "the worm", to get Netflix, who are showing Fury's return fight exclusively, to contact him.

Fury made a beeline for Froch ahead of the presser. Image: Getty
Fury made a beeline for Froch ahead of the presser. Image: Getty

The former super middleweight put out a video of his own on Thursday night and happily accepted the challenge.

"I feel like I'm the chosen one," Froch said in a video on his Froch on Fighting YouTube channel.

"I feel like it might be my job to finally shut this big gobs***e up. All he does is run around running his mouth.

"John, one final time, listen to me so it goes into that thick skull. I accept the challenge but know one thing - I'm going to come over to your corner and absolutely f***ing stick it on your Cobra style."

He continued: "I'm thinking to myself, 'Is this guy actually being serious?'. He's telling Netflix to get in touch. I'm not going to turn it down. I'm not going to say I'm not going to fight him because John Fury's a big bully and big bullies need putting in their place and if I'm the man that has to do it, I will do it.

"I don't want to beat an old man up. I don't want to start on a 60-year-old man. I'm only 10 years younger than Big John Fury. He doesn't look well does he. I don't want to give him any stick but he looks f***ed.

"He's 10 years older. I'm pressing on for 50. Is it a fair fight, I think we both know it isn't but he's called it on on a Tottenham Hotspur."

Froch vs Fury could be happening in April. Image: Getty
Froch vs Fury could be happening in April. Image: Getty

Responding and addressing to the video where he felt he was disrespected, Froch said he would "punch his f***ing head in" if he was stood in the room in front of him.

"He's such a big loudmouth gobs***e who's done f**k all and is living off his son's name. It actually winds me up."

The back and forth between the two is arguably gaining more traction than Fury's return to the ring.

The former world champion has not fought since his second consecutive loss to Oleksandr Usyk in December 2024.

Choose your content:

11 hours ago
a day ago
2 days ago
3 days ago
  • John Fury
    11 hours ago

    John Fury 'accepts' blockbuster fight on Tyson Fury undercard

    Big John Fury has confirmed he's ready to step into the ring for a massive fight.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    a day ago

    John Fury offers to fight two men at once and declares 'time is running out'

    John Fury called out two men after causing a scene at Tyson Fury's launch press conference.

    Boxing
  • Netflix
    2 days ago

    Tyson Fury drops bombshell about his comeback fight against Makhmudov

    Tyson Fury made a huge revelation for his comeback fight at the launch press conference.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    3 days ago

    Mike Tyson to fight Floyd Mayweather with date and location confirmed

    Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather could be set for a meeting inside the ring.

    Boxing
  • John Fury 'accepts' blockbuster fight on Tyson Fury undercard
  • John Fury goes ballistic and hunts down Carl Froch before Tyson Fury presser
  • John Fury offers to fight two men at once and declares 'time is running out'
  • Tyson Fury Branded 'Pathetic' By Carl Froch as AJ Fight Prediction Made