
Eddie Hearn has bad blood with Dana White, and the Matchroom Boxing promoter has threatened to sue the UFC president over his latest comments.
The feud relates to the controversy surrounding Anthony Joshua's potential showdown with Tyson Fury.
A battle to settle the greatest heavyweight of the modern era is set to take place in November, but the fight is currently locked in a location dispute, and this is proving to be a major stumbling block in sealing an agreement.
Joshua's promoter Hearn is pushing for the bust-up to be held in the UK after stating that the original fight contract stipulated that a bout would be staged on home soil.
Advert
Hearn even claimed there would be no fight if the venue is changed, and that is something Turki Alalshikh and his Saudi backers are pushing for.
New York's Madison Square Garden is the most likely location for the blockbuster showdown. On Monday, Netflix teased that possibility further by releasing a trailer for the proposed fight in their coverage of WWE Raw, the show owned by TKO, the parent company of Dana White's Zuffa Boxing.
Despite not being involved in the deal, White has previously offered his verdict on where the fight should be held, particularly stating it should be "where the money" is - pointing even more towards it being held outside the UK.
Hearn wasn't happy about these comments, as Joshua's contract reportedly states that White's company, TKO, isn't allowed to be involved in fight negotiations.
Speaking to All About Boxing, Hearn voiced his anger at the UFC president and even threatened to "sue" him.
"Obviously they want to change the contract that we signed, which we donāt like to do,ā Hearn said. āRight now there is no agreement to change anything in that contract. And right now from our side, no announcement is imminent.ā
āI should be suing Dana White,ā he later declared. āBecause what heās doing is, heās actually purporting to have the ability to stage the fight [in the U.S], and heās using my client to do a venue deal that he has no rights to.ā
Dana White responds to Eddie Hearn's legal threat
White is never short of an answer when pressed, but on this occasion, he decided against making more statements that could end in a lawsuit from Hearn.
"Iām not going to play these f--king games with these f--king guys,ā the 57-year-old said at Tuesday nightās Contender Series post-fight press conference.
READ NEXT: Dana White issues major concern over Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury fight in explosive rant
When asked if he'd heard about Hearn's threat to sue, White replied: āI have not. I stopped listening to Eddie Hearn about three months ago. Is there anybody more full of s--t than this guy? Come on. Completely full of s--t.ā
A dispute between two of the combat sports' biggest rivals is the last thing Fury and Joshua need when they want all of the finer details ironed out to get a date and location pencilled in.
Fury did, however, tease an announcement on Instagram, writing: "I've got some big news going to be dropped very, very soon. All is good in the hood. Big fight on the horizon. It's the one you've all been waiting for. About to be announced imminently, so stay tuned. Get up."
So, a fight could be closer to being locked in than we know.
Topics:Ā Eddie Hearn, Dana White, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Boxing