
UFC president Dana White has expressed doubt over whether the Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury fight will go ahead later this year.
Thousands, or perhaps even millions, of boxing fans around the globe have been waiting for this showdown to take centre stage to settle their rivalry and establish the best British heavyweight of this era.
The wheels were finally set in motion when Fury called out Joshua in April, following his unanimous victory over Arslanbek Makhmudov, while excitement was fuelled further by their warm-up fights.
Fury secured a straightforward seventh-round stoppage win against Mariusz Wach in nothing more than an overglorified training session last month, before Joshua survived an early scare during his second-round knockout against Kristian Prenga.
Advert
All roads appear to point towards their all-British showdown in November, but multiple obstacles still stand in their way, including the venue and location of the fight.
Turki Alalshikh and his Saudi backers are pushing for the bust-up to be held in the US, with New York's Madison Square Garden emerging as the most likely destination.
But Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, has threatened to pull AJ out of the event if it isn't held in the UK, and this tug-of-war over the destination for the fight has only raised concerns.
Dana White has already said that Joshua vs Fury will take place where the money is, suggesting the US should be the destination, and now the UFC president has issued an explosive rant about how long it is taking to make a decision.
"Listen, this f**king saga, we’ll see how this whole thing plays out. They either want to fight or they don’t. I don’t know. To make a fight, two guys have to want to fight. Period. End of story," White said.
“Contracts and this and that? There’s a lot of f**king money up for grabs in this fight. Do you want to fight or do you not want to fight? I don’t give a s**t one way or the other.
"I’d be happy [if the fight was in the UK]. I don’t give a s**t. Do you want to fight, or do you not want to fight?."
Netflix release Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury fight teaser
Fury's promoter, Frank Warren, already revealed that his fighter would be happy for the fight to take place at Madison Square Garden, and streaming powerhouse Netflix are now turning the screw on Joshua to accept.
Although AJ's contract states that the fight must take place in the UK, Netflix have teased an announcement for their long-overdue dust-up.
On WWE Monday Night Raw, they aired a promotional trailer for the bout and a preview of their key highlights this year.
The video included footage of when the pair went back and forth with their verbal clash in April when Joshua refused to get into the ring to face-off with Fury.
Footage of the pair's biggest wins was also featured, including Fury's famous trilogy with Deontay Wilder, before the video ended with a teaser of: "Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua - coming soon."
Although no further details were announced, it is clear they intend to officially confirm details of the fight in due course.
Topics: Boxing, Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Dana White, UFC