• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
John Cena Breaks WWE Protocol and Makes Demand to Triple H Over Next Opponent

Home> Wrestling> WWE

Updated 20:20 23 Sep 2025 GMT+1Published 19:42 23 Sep 2025 GMT+1

John Cena Breaks WWE Protocol and Makes Demand to Triple H Over Next Opponent

Cena has taken charge as his WWE retirement draws closer.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: John Cena, Triple H, WWE, AJ Styles, Wrestling, Brock Lesnar

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Advert

Advert

Advert

John Cena has broken his own WWE rule and told Triple H who he wants to face on his retirement tour.

Cena will officially retire from in-ring competition at the end of this year, and has a limited number of dates remaining before he takes off the wrestling boots for good.

The 17-time world champion has just five more confirmed dates before that happens, meaning fans will miss out on seeing him in some dream matches.

Minutes before WWE Raw on Monday night, Cena took to Twitter and publicly stated that he wants to take on fellow wrestling legend AJ Styles before he retires.

Advert

The 48-year-old simply wrote: #CenavsStyles. Thoughts?"

Image: Twitter/@JohnCena
Image: Twitter/@JohnCena

The post racked up over 65,000 likes in the hours after it was posted, with Cena following it up by sending a pointed message to WWE chief content officer Triple H - as well as revealing that he was about to break his own WWE rule.

"I do not choose my opponents," he began. "But I (even through tough times) ALWAYS listen to the fans.

"AJ Styles are you listening? Better yet Triple H... are YOU listening???"

Triple H subsequently confirmed that Cena versus Styles had been made official for the Crown Jewel: Perth show, which takes place on October 11.

Image: Twitter/@TripleH
Image: Twitter/@TripleH

The match is set to be Cena's final appearance overseas, with his final four dates booked in for venues in the United States.

Though he has not officially made an announcement, Styles could also retire from wrestling in the coming months.

He stated in August that he may already have wrestled at his last SummerSlam event, and previously said he wants to retire before turning 50.

Styles is, like Cena, 48 years of age. He signed with WWE in 2016 after a long stint with the TNA promotion.

Who has John Cena faced in his WWE retirement tour?

Despite making the first appearance of his retirement tour in January, the first time Cena competed in a singles match in 2025 was against Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania 42.

He entered the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber matches, turning heel at the latter event by attacking Undisputed WWE Champion Rhodes.

Cena won the title from Rhodes, before defending it against Randy Orton and CM Punk.

After a match against R-Truth and a subsequent face turn, Cena lost the title back to Rhodes at SummerSlam in a critically acclaimed match.

Other well-received matches against Logan Paul and United States Champion Sami Zayn would follow, before Cena lost to Brock Lesnar at Wrestlepalooza last weekend.

Andreas Hale, reviewing the event for ESPN - who broadcasted the event as part of a new contract with WWE - wrote that Cena versus Lesnar 'wasn't much of a match'.

Choose your content:

12 hours ago
11 days ago
14 days ago
15 days ago
  • Guinness World Records
    12 hours ago

    Logan Paul Makes History After Auctioning Rare Pokemon Card For Staggering Amount

    Logan Paul also opened $1.5 million worth of Pokemon boxes in addition to selling the rare collectable.

    Wrestling
  • AEW & Triller
    11 days ago

    Wrestling Star Stunned As Fans Hijack Main Event With ICE Chant

    MJF was visibly surprised by the anti-ICE chant which started when his match with Brody King in AEW began.

    Wrestling
  • Getty
    14 days ago

    The Rock’s Daughter Deletes Donald Trump Post After WWE Exit

    The Rock's daughter Ava Raine left WWE and her first comment was to go after Donald Trump and ICE.

    Wrestling
  • WWE/Netflix
    15 days ago

    WWE Fans Can't Get Over 'Baffling' Moment During Royal Rumble That Left Everyone Stunned

    The 2026 Royal Rumble took place on Saturday.

    Wrestling
  • Triple H breaks silence on Brock Lesnar's shocking return to WWE after 'TKO ban list' claim
  • Triple H WWE 'Sack' Claim Made After John Cena Controversy
  • Triple H Accused of 'Ruining' John Cena's Last Ever WWE Match
  • John Cena Instantly Rejected Triple H's Retirement Show Pitch