Vince McMahon's net worth has sky-rocketed following the sale of WWE this week.
Following a successful WrestleMania weekend, the news broke on Monday that WWE had been sold for $21 billion.
The organisation had been owned by McMahon's family for 70 years, but on Monday it was announced the Endeavour would become the majority owner.
Endeavour, who already own UFC, will own 51% of the company, while the other 49% will be spread across the remaining shareholders.
Following the announcement, McMahon confirmed that WWE will merge with UFC.
"Together, we will be a $21+ billion live sports and entertainment powerhouse with a collective fan-base of more than a billion people and an exciting growth opportunity," he said.
McMahon had previously retired from WWE and stepped down from his role as Chairman in July 2022. However, in January 2023 he returned to the company in order to facilitate a sale of the company and resumed his position as chairman.
Following the sale, WWE's stock hit its highest point since April 2019. The stock closed at
WWE's stock hit its highest point since April 2019. The company's stock closed at $97.23, an increase of almost 9% since the last report.
That was good news for McMahon, whose net worth rose to $3.1 billion after he earned $198 million from the increased stick price according to Forbes.
As part of the deal, WWE was valued at $9.3 billion with UFC being valued at $12.1 billion.
The increase in McMahon's net worth means he has risen to 944th in the 'Real-Time Billionaires List' and leaves him $100 million short of his highest recorded net worth of $3.2 billion (2019).
Few ever expected WWE to be sold during McMahon's lifetime, but there were no shortage of potential suitors.
Netflix, Disney, and Warner Bros. Discovery were some of the major names in contention, but ultimately it was Endeavor that won out.
While it's unclear what the sale means for WWE, it's undeniably an exciting time for wrestling fans around the world.