To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has admitted there are no hard feelings towards Nate Diaz after the UFC star hilariously slammed him in a post-fight rant.
Diaz, 34, headlined UFC 244 earlier this month and suffered a controversial third-round doctor's stoppage loss to Jorge Masvidal for the BMF title.
And celebrity superstar Johnson attended the event at Madison Square Garden in New York and strapped the belt on Masvidal after his victory.
Diaz hit out at the WWE legend over his Miami connection with the 34-year-old Masvidal and insisted that he had "picked the wrong side."
When he was asked if he had heard what the Stockton native said about him, Johnson told Ariel Helwani's MMA Show on Monday: "I wasn't surprised at Nate's comments because that's the Nate that we all know and love.
"He is as advertised. Nate, he gets it.
"He knows that me and Jorge... we're boys, we're from Miami.
"We have a lot of deep connections down there.
"A lot of the fighters we know, a lot of the coaches and trainers that we know, a lot of the gyms that we've been to down there.
"So there's a connection, so no I was totally fine with it. He gets it."
According to Johnson, the plan was to remain "as neutral as possible" due to his involvement in promoting UFC's blockbuster event.
He explained: "Again, I went into the fight [and] I wanted to be as neutral as possible when I was promoting it because, as we're leading up to it and selling it on pay-per-view, I didn't want to come out and say, 'Jorge's my boy and he's gonna win.'
"No, I just wanted to be neutral and I thought that was the best, smartest, strategic play to get as many new eyes on this fight as possible and again help impact in my own little way the bottom line.
"From what I'm told, since UFC's transition it was the biggest fight they've ever had.
"Second, I'm sorry, to Conor [McGregor] and Khabib [Nurmagomedov], which is quite an amazing accomplishment.
"I'm very proud for both those guys."
Diaz said that The Rock had 'played him' and argued that boxing legend Mike Tyson should have handed out the belt.
He said after his loss to Masvidal at UFC 244: "F**k The Rock too, man. That motherf****r over here playing me.
"See him over here smiling with Masvidal. Should have had Mike Tyson handing out a belt if anybody.
"I don't give a f**k about any belt anyway, but he can get it too."
Diaz suffered two nasty cuts -- one above his right eye and the other on his cheek -- during the clash and was told by the cageside doctor he was unfit to continue.
But the 'Stockton Slugger' launched a scathing attack on the UFC after his loss and demanded that the MMA promotion book the rematch.
Diaz appeared to announce his retirement from MMA when he dropped a cryptic tweet last week, only to deny that he had walked away from combat sports and insisted he is "never going to retire."
Featured Image Credit: PA/Ariel Helwani's MMA Show
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read