• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Arsenal's new stance on move for Premier League star while contract talks 'remain open'

Home> Football> Transfer News

Updated 12:47 2 Nov 2024 GMTPublished 12:13 2 Nov 2024 GMT

Arsenal's new stance on move for Premier League star while contract talks 'remain open'

The Gunners may look to bolster their attacking options in future transfer windows.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

Arsenal were reportedly interested in signing a world-class striker from a Premier League rival, and now an update has emerged.

Mikel Arteta’s side have endured a tough start to the season after being hit by several injury blows, with captain Martin Odegaard having been sidelined since early September.

To add rub salt in their wounds, red cards received by Declan Rice, Leandro Trossard, and William Saliba further depleted Arteta’s options in recent weeks, but so far, the north London outfit have coped well given the challenging circumstances – they sit third in the league, trailing leaders Manchester City by five points (before kick-off in today’s fixture against Newcastle).

Despite their healthy league position, one criticism thrown at Arsenal has been their lack of cutting-edge in the attacking areas.

Unlike their rivals Manchester City and Liverpool, who boast clinical goal scorers Erling Haaland and Mohamed Salah, the Gunners’ goals are spread throughout the side with Kai Havertz (four goals), Saka (three), with Gabriel, Trossard and Gabriel Martinelli (all with two goals) chipping in with strikes.

Advert

But they may still look to bring a forward if the right deal can be struck.

The Gunners were linked with the likes of RB Leipzig’s Benjamin Sesko and Newcastle United forward Alexander Isak in the summer transfer window, but both players remain at their respective clubs. Ironically the latter scored an impressive header against Arsenal on Saturday afternoon after latching onto Anthony Gordon's pinpoint cross.

Alexander Isak scored against Chelsea on Wednesday (Credit:Getty)
Alexander Isak scored against Chelsea on Wednesday (Credit:Getty)

Isak, 25, is under contract at the Magpies until 2028, but he is concerned about the direction the club are heading in, according to Football Insider.

Advert

The report also suggests that talks are ongoing between the Swedish international’s representatives and the club regarding a potential new deal on Tyneside.

The former Real Sociedad marksman has struggled with injuries so far this term, scoring just twice in eight appearances, but he will be hoping to replicate his form from last season - which saw him net 21 times in the Premier League.

The forward previously addressed his situation, insisting he was “happy” at Newcastle in July 2024.

“I had my best season of my career, [in 2023-24],” Isak told Swedish outlet Fotbollskanalen.

Advert

“You can’t underestimate that. I love everything about the club, the fans, the city,” he said.

“I don’t really have any toughts of moving [club] or anything like that. I’m having a great time, and I’m very happy with my life.

“It’s [a transfer] not something I speculate about. Within the team or the club, there has been no talk or drama around it. I have not received any information from the club that they would have to sell me.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Arsenal, Premier League, Transfer News, Mikel Arteta, Alexander Isak, Newcastle United

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football - both in England and abroad - as well as combat sports.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • GettyGetty
    5 hours ago

    Kobbie Mainoo 'responds' to Ruben Amorim denying his Man Utd transfer request

    Mainoo has been an unused substitute in both of United's Premier League matches this season.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    5 hours ago

    Man Utd 'accept' permanent bid for Antony but fans have spotted major problem

    Antony is finally on the move from Manchester United on a permanent basis.

    Football
  • EA SportsEA Sports
    10 hours ago

    Man Utd player ratings on EA FC 26 leaked as fans left stunned by squad

    There are a number of significant changes compared to EA FC 25.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    11 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel's true feelings on Trent Alexander-Arnold revealed after England snub

    Trent Alexander-Arnold has been left out of Thomas Tuchel's latest England squad.

    Football
  • Premier League tipped to bring in new rule amid Alexander Isak's boycott at Newcastle
  • Newcastle 'intensify' move for top Alexander Isak replacement target in new Liverpool twist
  • Alexander Isak private talks with manager revealed as Newcastle and Liverpool fans given 'tip' over transfer
  • Fans are convinced they've spotted genius Mikel Arteta tactic to exploit new Premier League rule