The Top 10 Most Man Of The Match Awards In The Past Decade
Lionel Messi leads rival Cristiano Ronaldo by a long way when it comes to the most Man of the Match awards in the past 10 years.
It's no surprise that the two men with 11 Ballon d'Ors between them in the past 12 years have been the best player on the pitch more often than anyone else in the past decade.
The only thing more impressive as how good each of them is at their best is just how consistently they've put on that level of performance.
According to Footy Room, Messi leads the way with 225 Man of the Match performances in 10 years and Ronaldo is second with 125 for Real Madrid and Juventus:
1. Lionel Messi, Barcelona - 225 Man of the Match awards
2. Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid/Juventus - 125
3. Eden Hazard, Chelsea/Real Madrid - 93
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, AC Milan/PSG/Manchester United/LA Galaxy - 89
5. Neymar, Barcelona/PSG - 65
=. Luis Suarez, Ajax/Liverpool/Barcelona - 65
7. Gareth Bale, Spurs/Real Madrid - 62
8. Antoine Griezmann, Real Sociedad/Atletico Madrid/Barcelona - 58
9. Arturo Vidal, Bayer Leverkusen/Juventus/Bayern Munich/Barcelona - 53
10. Marco Reus, Borussia Monchengladbach/Borussia Dortmund - 50
This season hasn't been one of Messi's best in terms of goals, mainly because he spent the beginning of the season injury, but he still leads Europe when it comes to being the best player on the pitch in any game.
The Barcelona forward has been the best player in 13 games so far this season, according to WhoScored.com's ratings, and had an average rating of 8.61.
His rival Ronaldo is once again second on the list, having hit the heights in nine games this season, and another seven players are one behind the Juve forward.
Amongst those players with eight Man of the Match performances is Ciro Immobile, the Lazio forward is ahead of the Old Lady's striker in the Serie A scoring charts.
The Italian has 27 goals to his name whilst the former Real Madrid man has 21.