• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Serie A players 'due' ridiculous reward after beating Juventus

Home> Football

Updated 20:47 29 Jan 2023 GMTPublished 20:41 29 Jan 2023 GMT

Serie A players 'due' ridiculous reward after beating Juventus

AC Monza players were told they would get a rather adult reward for beating Juventus or AC Milan this season by owner, and they've done it.

Ryan Sidle

Ryan Sidle

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

AC Monza are due a very adult reward for their victory over Juventus, after owner Silvio Berlusconi made a ridiculous promise earlier in the season.

It has not been an idea start to the year for Juve, after they were recently deducted 15 points in Serie A, dropping them out of the title race.

The Old Lady will now have to go on a hell of a run to even rejoin the battle to finish in the top four, and qualify for the Champions League.

They made need to win the Europa League to get back into Europe's elite competition, after dropping out of it this campaign in the group stages, finishing on just three points, after they even lost to Maccabi Haifa.

Advert

As well as their points deduction, Juventus' issues could also lead them to having to pay former star Cristiano Ronaldo a huge sum of money.

Things got even worse for them on the pitch on Sunday, as they went down 2-0, at home, to fellow mid table side AC Monza, who are owned by former AC Milan chairman Berlusconi.

That means the players are owed a 'bus full of wh***s,' as the 86-year-old so misogynistically put it to them at the club Christmas party at the end of last year.

"I told the guys...now you will play Milan, Juventus. If you win against one of these top teams, I'll bring a bus of w****s into the locker room," the former Prime Minister of Italy said at the time.

Berlusconi enjoying his team. Image: Alamy
Berlusconi enjoying his team. Image: Alamy

The comments certainly didn't go down well at the time, apart from at the party where those in attendance found the claim extremely funny.

But speaking after the match, Berlusconi was asked about the promise, telling La Repubblica, "I already received 100 calls asking me to stand by my word."

The team's social media team joined in on the joke as well, posting a picture of their bus on their Twitter page without a caption, but everyone knew why.

After taking over the club a few years ago, Monza got promoted into Serie A for the first time at the end of last season, after finishing fourth but winning the play-offs.

They did not start their first top tier campaign well at all, losing their opening five games, including matches against Napoli, Atalanta and Roma.

However, they have turned things around since then and won seven of their next 15 games, including victories home and away to Max Allegri's side.

Patrick Ciurria got the visitors off the mark after just 18 minutes, with Dany Mota doubling their lead with just six minutes of the first half left.

They then held on to the two goal advantage, despite having just three shots all game compared to their hosts 22 efforts, although only eight were on target.

The win was their second in five, and they are unbeaten in that spell, and pushed them above the Turin side in the table, who have failed to win in the previous three games.

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/Alamy

Topics: Serie A, Italy, Juventus

Ryan Sidle
Ryan Sidle

Ryan is a journalist for SPORTbible with over eight years of experience. Passionate about all sports, he mainly covers football and F1 - Daniel Ricciardo once spent an entire interview referring to him as 'Ryan Gosling,' still his proudest moment.

X

@Sidler28

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

13 mins ago
an hour ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    13 mins ago

    Dominik Szoboszlai's reply to Trent Instagram post spotted amid Real Madrid link

    Dominik Szoboszlai commented after former teammate Trent Alexander-Arnold returned to form for Real Madrid.

    Football
  • Sky Bet
    an hour ago

    Frank Lampard enjoying Championship challenge after 'tough' Chelsea experience

    Frank Lampard's Coventry take on Middlesbrough in a top of the table Championship clash on Monday evening.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Man Utd to 'open talks' with player Pep Guardiola didn't think was good enough

    The player in question previously played for Man City in the Champions League before moving to a Bundesliga club.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Brooklyn Beckham’s sister Harper, 14, issues heartbreaking message after feud

    Brooklyn Beckham's youngest sibling Harper took to Instagram amid the high-profile feud between the family.

    Football
  • Decision 'confirmed' on Serie A fixtures following Pope Francis' death
  • Udinese player subbed off after SCORING penalty in one of the ‘craziest series of events’ ever in Serie A
  • Serie A release statement on today’s matches as all games postponed
  • How Jamie Vardy's 'Appalling' Diet is Adding Spice to Serie A