sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Nottingham Forest 'launch legal correspondence against Sky Sports' after controversial PGMOL tweet
Home>Football>Premier League
Updated 19:24 5 May 2024 GMT+1Published 17:25 4 May 2024 GMT+1

Nottingham Forest 'launch legal correspondence against Sky Sports' after controversial PGMOL tweet

Forest are reportedly looking into their position legally after the comments

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Nottingham Forest have begun formal legal correspondence against Sky Sports over coverage of their controversial tweet last month, it has been reported.

Forest posted a controversial statement to Twitter after their 2-0 defeat to Everton on April 21, which saw them denied three potential penalties.

They questioned the PGMOL - the Premier League's refereeing body - over the appointment of VAR official and Luton fan Stuart Attwell.

PGMOL chief Howard Webb later stated that one of Forest's penalty appeals should have been given at Goodison Park.

Advert


Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept.

We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game but they didn’t change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times.

NFFC will now consider its options.

— Nottingham Forest (@NFFC) April 21, 2024

After Forest's tweet was posted, Gary Neville spoke on Sky Sports and called for the club's refereeing consultant Mark Clattenburg to step down from his role.

On the statement itself, he added: "It's like a mafia-gang statement. I mean, honestly, what the hell are they playing at? It's like a petulant child. It's embarrassing.

"And some of those things they're saying in there, the suggestion of some sort of inferring of cheating because there's an official in Stockley Park who's a Luton fan is a scandal, and they will pay for that."

Jamie Carragher was also critical of the tweet posted by Forest.

He said: "Stuart Attwell and Anthony Taylor have had a horrific day and they should be criticised as it could have real implications. But that, what I've just read there on social media, that's like a fan in a pub. That is embarrassing.

"I get the frustration. That rubbish about the VAR being a Luton fan - they can't get involved in that. You've got to show a little bit of class as a football club."

Getty

Forest have been charged with misconduct by the FA over the statement, while manager Nuno Espirito Santo and defender Neco Williams have also been charged for comments they made about the officiating at Goodison Park.

Now, according to the Daily Mail, Forest have begun legal correspondence against Sky Sports.

It is said that Forest submitted a legal letter to Sky Sports 'in response to their reaction to the events that unfolded' following the Everton defeat. It is unclear as to which part of the reaction prompted the letter.

SPORTbible has contacted Sky Sports and Nottingham Forest Football Club for comment.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Nottingham Forest, Sky Sports, Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Football, Premier League

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • David Beckham responds to Gary Neville after Sky Sports pundit is BANNED from Nottingham Forest stadium
  • Ex-Nottingham Forest Player Abruptly Walks Out of Live Sky Sports Interview
  • Viewers demand answers from Sky Sports after 'shameful' moment during Crystal Palace vs Nottingham Forest
  • Liverpool Player Slammed After 'Nightmare' Performance Against Nottingham Forest

Choose your content:

12 mins ago
an hour ago
  • Getty Images
    12 mins ago

    Three uncapped England players will travel with World Cup squad despite not being picked

    Tuchel has named his 26-man squad, but three extra names will travel to North America.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Palmer, Foden, Bellingham and Rogers stats compared and England must put faith in one man

    Thomas Tuchel has only brought two number tens to the World Cup, but did he make the right choice looking at the stats?

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Jordan Henderson stat emerges after being included in England squad and it looks like a typo

    The experienced midfielder has beaten the likes of Adam Wharton and James Garner to the squad without much game time

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Marcus Rashford appears to aim dig at Man Utd after receiving England World Cup call-up

    Rashford is currently on loan at Barcelona from Manchester United.

    Football