sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Bruno Fernandes demands apology from Jon Moss after Man United denied penalty
Home>Football>Premier League
Updated 10:38 20 Aug 2023 GMT+1Published 10:32 20 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Bruno Fernandes demands apology from Jon Moss after Man United denied penalty

Bruno Fernandes lashed out after Manchester United's defeat against Tottenham.

Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Bruno Fernandes wants an apology from Jon Moss after Manchester United were controversially denied a penalty in their 2-0 defeat on Saturday.

Man United suffered a bruising loss at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as a striker from Pape Sarr and a Lisandro Martinez own-goal saw Ange Postecoglou win his first Premier League game.

But the course of the match could have been very different had the visitors been awarded a penalty in the first-half when the score was 0-0.

Alejandro Garnacho fired a shot at goal, which was blocked by Cristian Romero's outstretched arm.

Advert

The incident was reviewed by VAR but the on-field decision stood as referee Michael Oliver awarded a corner and play continued.

Spurs went onto score two second-half goals as they secured their first win of the league season.

But the decision not to award Man United a penalty angered Fernandes, who was left fuming and demanded an apology from the referees' boss.

The Portuguese lashed out as he referenced the uproar surrounding the incident between Andre Onana and Sasa Kalajdzic in Man United's 1-0 victory over Wolves.



"Last week they made a big thing on United not having a penalty against them [Wolves]," he said after the result.

"I want to see what's going to happen this week if it's going to happen the same show they did last week."

A furious Fernandes added: "I want to see if Jon Moss also comes to apologise to our dressing room like they said he did to the manager of Wolves."

After the Onana and Kalajdzic incident, Wolves manager Gary O'Neil received an apology from Moss, who said his side should have been awarded a penalty.

Fernandes wants the same treatment as he believes his team should have been given a spot-kick.

What's the take on the incident between Garnacho and Romero? Let us know.

Featured Image Credit: Premier League/stadiumastro

Topics: Bruno Fernandes, Manchester United, Football

Nasir Jabbar
Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar is a journalist at SPORTbible. He graduated from Bath Spa University with a BA in Media Communications. He's a combat sport aficionado and has contributed to MMA websites AddictedMMA and CagePotato. Nasir has covered some of the biggest fights, while interviewing the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Darren Till. He's also an avid Bristol City fan.

X

@NasJabbar

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Xabi Alonso's response when asked about future of three Chelsea players on live TV

    New Chelsea boss Xabi Alonso discussed the situation of three players during an impromptu interview on live TV.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Man Utd could spend £300m in the summer after securing Champions League football

    It is expected to be a busy summer at Old Trafford.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Arsenal preparing shock bid to sign Man City player amid Pep Guardiola exit uncertainty

    Guardiola is expected to depart Man City at the end of the season following a decade in charge.

    Football
  • Fans left divided after Man United denied penalty against Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fans all say the same thing after Man United lose against Tottenham Hotspur
  • Roy Keane calls Manchester United 'the new Spurs' and calls out stars in savage post-match analysis
  • Fans fume at Mason Mount for his reaction after Man United’s dreadful defeat vs Tottenham Hotspur