Barcelona fans are fuming at the contract deals in Antoine Griezmann's shock transfer to Atletico Madrid.
Griezmann has returned to Atleti, joining his former team on an initial loan deal for the rest of the season.
But Barca supporters are NOT happy with the buy option price that the club have inserted in the Griezmann deal.
Antoine Griezmann back to Atletico Madrid, HERE WE GO! Agreement now completed with Barcelona. Loan until June 2022 with buy option for €40m. :white_circle::red_circle: #Atleti #DeadlineDay
Griezmann has agreement for two years contract plus one option. He's BACK at Atléti. Shocking move of the day. pic.twitter.com/kBQAkgQyLt
- Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 31, 2021
The star forward is available to buy on a permanent for just €40 million (£34 million).
The Catalan giants splashed out a whopping €120 million (£107 million) to acquire his services in 2019 - with the club seeking a third of that two years later.
Barcelona selling Griezmann back to Atletico for €40 million, two years after paying €120 million to sign him - a transfer fee funded by taking out a short-term €35 million bank loan and mortgaging €85 million of future income.
An era-defining shambles
- Liam Twomey (@liam_twomey) August 31, 2021
Barca fans online slammed the club's transfer dealings.
One tweeted: "Disasterclass from Bartomeu and Laporta."
A second wrote: "At least 60 or nah."
A third added: "We bought him with 120 f**kin million euros 2 years ago...."
A fourth commented: "40 million for Griezmann. We paid that for Paulinho."
Another wrote: "We are so done...they robbed us big time we gave them 100million plus for him and now they buy him back for only 40 I'm done I have no trust in Laporta anymore."
The 30-year-old failed to impress at the Camp Nou following his big-money move.
He only helped his side win the Copa del Rey during his miserable time at the club.
Will he rediscover his form at Atleti? Let us know.
Featured Image Credit: PA
- Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have finally reached an agreement for Antoine Griezmann, new clause inserted
- Antoine Griezmann's bench role nightmare could be over with 'Barcelona and Atletico Madrid set to agree deal'
- Barcelona are worried about Antoine Griezmann's playing time at Atletico Madrid
- Atletico Madrid AGAIN brought Griezmann on at 60 minutes despite lawsuit threat from Barcelona