sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Anthony Martial apologises after training ground bust-up with Man Utd youth player, they had to be pulled apart
Home>Football
Updated 20:23 20 Nov 2022 GMTPublished 20:12 20 Nov 2022 GMT

Anthony Martial apologises after training ground bust-up with Man Utd youth player, they had to be pulled apart

The Man Utd forward was involved in a training ground clash with the 18-year-old.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Anthony Martial has apologised after being involved in an 'angry' training ground confrontation with a Manchester United youth player.

The 26-year-old forward, who was left out of France's 26-man World Cup squad, despite an injury to Karim Benzema, was on the end of a heavy challenge from youngster Dan Gore during a training session last week.

After the 'clattering' tackle from Gore – an 18-year-old midfielder signed from Burnley this summer – Martial relatiated.

But Gore refused to back down and Erik ten Hag's session came to a temporary halt as the pair had to be pulled apart. The Mirror suggest Martial is alleged to have 'lashed out' and caught the teenager.

Advert

The Frenchman is believed to have apologised to Gore, who accepted and made up with his teammate.

As mentioned earlier, France boss Didier Deschamps has decided against replacing the injured Karim Benzema in their World Cup squad.

Martial was amongst the candidates to replace Benzema alongside Wissam Ben Yedder and Moussa Diaby, but Deschamps will not take any of those mentioned.

"No, because I decided, simply," the 54-year-old told Telefoot when asked about a possible replacement.

“It’s never fun, it doesn’t make you smile. We had already lost Christopher and everyone was very sad. This is Karim. But we have a goal and the group knows very well what awaits us with a game on Tuesday.

“Everything was under control, he was going one step further as was the case with [Raphael] Varane,” who Deschamps confirmed would be available for their opener with Australia.

“In training, getting injured can unfortunately happen. It’s never the right time.”

🚨 When Didier Deschamps was proposed the idea of calling Martial to the squad, he said "I'd rather go without any replacement" pic.twitter.com/TmsG4aV1qD

— Get France Football News (@gffn__) November 20, 2022

Martial is expected to play a more prominent role for Manchester United in the coming months as Cristiano Ronaldo's future at Old Trafford hangs in the balance after his tell-all interview with Piers Morgan.

The 26-year-old former Lyon forward, who scored just one goal in 12 games on loan at Sevilla last season, has netted four times under Erik ten Hag during the 2022/23 campaign.

He has made seven appearances for United this campaign.

Back in November, Ten Hag said the French forward is a player that suits the way he wants to play.

"Definitely, he plays very well in a lot of aspects of football," he said after scoring against Aston Villa. ''But, [be] quite clear, in my way of playing I like the type of player Anthony Martial is, because he can hold the ball.

''He is also a target, he can link up, but he can also run behind. He has speed, he can finish, and he has good pressure [presses well]."

Image credit: Alamy
Image credit: Alamy

Do you think Martial deserves a place in Ten Hag's first-team plans next year?

Let us know in the comments.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Anthony Martial, Manchester United, Erik Ten Hag, Premier League

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

8 mins ago
an hour ago
3 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • Getty
    8 mins ago

    Real Madrid 'considering' Sunderland player as first transfer of Jose Mourinho era

    Jose Mourinho is reportedly willing to get rid of a number of big stars but could do some shopping in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    EFL Championship play-off final sees Wembley Stadium make historic stand naming decision

    Wembley Stadium will make history this weekend, with a major change made for a good cause.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Enzo Maresca set to raid Chelsea at Man City as talks held with 'desired' transfer target

    Enzo Maresca is already looking to make his mark at Manchester City as he prepares to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    12 hours ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment explained by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Mexican Media Deliver Verdict on Anthony Martial After Four Monterrey Games
  • Anthony Martial Targeted by Unexpected Club After 'Refusing' Contract Demand
  • Anthony Martial Makes 45-Minute Cameo for Monterrey as Fans Reach Instant Verdict
  • Roy Keane Reacts To Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Calling Anthony Martial 'Unplayable'