sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
"We will see..." - Manager drops hint Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea target could leave in January
Home>Football
Published 16:06 30 Dec 2022 GMT

"We will see..." - Manager drops hint Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea target could leave in January

He's wanted by several clubs.

Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has remained coy on Joao Felix's future but insists he will continue to work with the striker "while he's here".

Felix, 23, has been strongly linked with a move away from Atletico Madrid in the January transfer window after struggling for minutes this season under Simeone.

The Portugal international has regularly found himself on the bench and has managed only five goals in the current campaign, although he did score in Thursday's 2-0 win over Elche after being handed a rare start by Simeone.

Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal have all been linked with Felix, who has struggled to live up to expectations since joining Atletico in a £113m move from Benfica in 2019 – which remains the fourth-most expensive transfer in history.

Could Felix be sold in January?

It is believed that Felix could be allowed to leave in January, either on a permanent deal or on loan.

Advert

Earlier this month, Spanish publication AS claimed that Atletico have slapped a €100m (£86m) price tag on the Portugal international.

More recent reports claim Atletico are also willing to allow him to move clubs for the remainder of the season, but only if another team is willing to pay an £8m loan fee.

Simeone gives Felix update after Elche win

Simeone has kept tight-lipped on Felix’s future but has hinted an exit could be a possibility for the striker.

"While he's here, I'll try to get the best out of Joao Felix for the club," Simeone said after the win over Elche.

"Then we will see what's going to happen."

His comments come after Atletico chief executive Gil Marin admitted Felix could seek a move away from the Spanish club in January.

"[Joao Felix] is the biggest bet this club has taken in its history. I personally think he's a top talent, a world-class player," Marin told TVE.

"For reasons it isn't worth getting into - the relationship between him and the boss [Simeone], the minutes played, his motivation right now - it makes you think that the reasonable thing is that if there's an option that's good for the player, good for the club, we can look at it.

“I'd love him to stay personally, but I don't think that's the player's idea."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Atletico Madrid, Diego Simeone, La Liga, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Football, Premier League, Transfers

Rory O'Callaghan
Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan is Editorial Lead at SPORTbible. He has previously worked for Sky Sports News, MailOnline and Reach covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@rory_ocallaghan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

15 mins ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    15 mins ago

    West Ham board were 'concerned' by Nuno Espirito Santo's treatment of player

    The Hammers were relegated from the Premier League despite their final day win over Leeds United.

    Football
  • TikTok/forfitnesssake
    2 hours ago

    Fan captures exact moment Declan Rice finds out about West Ham's relegation

    It was a bittersweet afternoon for the former West Ham midfielder.

    Football
  • Manchester City
    3 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola signs off farewell speech by saying something he ‘wasn’t allowed to' as Sky Sports issue apology

    He ended his six-minute speech with an X-rated comment.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    West Ham must play unwanted fixture before next season starts after Premier League relegation

    West Ham have been relegated from the Premier League despite their final-day 3-0 win over Leeds.

    Football
  • Roy Keane Names Manager He’d ‘Love’ to See at Man Utd
  • Viktor Gyokeres drops clear hint over preferred transfer amid Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool interest
  • Barcelona star posts and then quickly deletes cryptic Instagram message amid Man Utd and Chelsea links
  • Five Man Utd Players Who Could Leave Club Before January Transfer Window Closes