sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Wrexham's third signing of the summer confirmed after player cancels pre-contract agreement
Home>Football>Football News
Updated 16:12 6 Jul 2024 GMT+1Published 16:00 6 Jul 2024 GMT+1

Wrexham's third signing of the summer confirmed after player cancels pre-contract agreement

He was expected to join a club in Hungary but pulled out due to personal circumstances.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Wrexham have announced their third signing of the summer window as they look to strengthen their first-team squad for the upcoming League One campaign.

Phil Parkinson's men secured a second consecutive promotion last term and will be playing in the third tier of the English football pyramid for the first time in 19 years.

So far, the Reds have brought in goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo after he impressed on loan from Arsenal.

They then followed up that solid piece of business by signing young defender Lewis Brunt from Leicester City.

Advert

The 23-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Mansfield Town, who were also promoted to League One after finishing behind Wrexham in third place, has penned a deal until 2027.

And now, club owners Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have made more moves in the transfer market.

It was confirmed on Saturday that Wrexham have completed a move for former Charlton Athletic captain George Dobson.

Dobson, who previously played under Phil Parkinson at Sunderland, was most recently with Charlton, where he played 144 games in all competitions across the last three seasons.

“I’m genuinely delighted. It’s the club in the EFL that everyone wants to come to and when I got the opportunity to join it was exciting," he told the club's official website.

“When I spoke to the gaffer, and he showed his interest it felt like an opportunity I couldn’t turn down. I can’t wait to meet all the supporters and hopefully carry on the success of the club and have an enjoyable season.”

Earlier this year, Dobson agreed to join Hungarian top-flight side Fehérvár FC after it was confirmed that he would leave Charlton at the end of his contract this summer.

But the midfielder pulled out of the move due to personal circumstances, according to BBC Sport.


Wrexham boss Phil Parkinson is understandably delighted with the deal.

“George is a great signing for us. He’s developed really well as a player and is someone we have known about for a while," he said.

“He plays with real personality; he is a great character to have in the building and he has captained Charlton before. Leadership quality in the group is so important and George will certainly bring that.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty Images

Topics: Wrexham, League One, Transfers, Ryan Reynolds, Rob McElhenney

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

24 mins ago
29 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    24 mins ago

    Man Utd could spend £300m in the summer after securing Champions League football

    It is expected to be a busy summer at Old Trafford.

    Football
  • Getty
    29 mins ago

    Arsenal preparing shock bid to sign Man City player amid Pep Guardiola exit uncertainty

    Guardiola is expected to depart Man City at the end of the season following a decade in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Vinnie Jones names Man United star as Premier League's current 'tough' hardman

    Vinnie Jones revealed his definition for a 'hardman' and which current Premier League star fits the criteria.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Southampton star to leave club after spygate scandal in 'bitter blow'

    The first Southampton player is set to leave following the club's expulsion from the Championship play-offs.

    Football
  • Five strikers Wrexham could sign to replace Paul Mullin after devastating injury blow
  • Five strikers Wrexham could sign to replace Paul Mullin after devastating injury blow
  • Hidden EFL rule change could boost Wrexham's chances of perfect first signing after promotion
  • Wrexham axe another player ahead of busy summer after promotion to League One