• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Man Utd 'very interested' in Casemiro replacement that Erik ten Hag has already 'urged board to sign'

Home> Football> Football News> Man Utd

Published 16:28 20 Dec 2023 GMT

Man Utd 'very interested' in Casemiro replacement that Erik ten Hag has already 'urged board to sign'

Here is the latest.

Joe Adams

Joe Adams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester United, Casemiro, Football, Transfers, Premier League

Joe Adams
Joe Adams

Joe is a Journalist for SPORTbible with a primary focus on football. He has previously covered a number of other sports including boxing, rugby and F1. Wishes he was born left-footed.

X

@joeadamsjourno

Advert

Advert

Advert

Manchester United have reportedly identified a replacement for Casemiro who Erik ten Hag has already urged the board to sign.

Since joining the Red Devils from Real Madrid in August 2022, Casemiro has established himself as one of the club's most influential players.

However, the Brazilian has struggled to reach the heights of last season and hasn't played since United's 3-0 Carabao Cup defeat to Newcastle on November 1 due to a hamstring injury.

As a result, Casemiro has been one of the names rumoured with an exit in January.

Advert

United football director John Murtough has reportedly travelled to Saudi Arabia with the intention of forging new relationships and offloading unwanted players.

Meanwhile, the Red Devils have identified Amadou Onana as a potential replacement for the 32-year-old.

Back in May, it was reported that Ten Hag urged the board to sign Onana, whose 'physicality' was viewed as a much-needed addition at Old Trafford.

In the end, the Belgium International decided to stay at Goodison Park, with United opting to sign Sofyan Amrabat from Fiorentina on loan instead.

Although it seems the club haven't given up their pursuit and could return with a January offer for the midfielder.

According to French outlet Foot Mercato, the Old Trafford club are "very interested" in Onana, who is thought to be valued between £47-52 million.

United face competition from Barcelona, who are claimed to have already met with the 22-year-old's entourage, although the Spanish giants may wait until the summer to make an offer.

Meanwhile, Premier League rivals Arsenal have also been linked with a move for the player.

Speaking back in September, Onana insisted that his failed move to United the summer was not a "missed opportunity”.

“It’s not at all a missed opportunity,” he told Onana told Le Soir.

“In football, it’s all about timing. You have to be patient. And, in the meantime, I will continue to play football at Everton. A mythical club. I am very satisfied.”

  • Man Utd fans fume at Sir Jim Ratcliffe as Nice 'open transfer talks' with Premier League rivals
  • Man Utd tipped to replace Erik ten Hag with shock name who already has 'good relationship' with three players
  • Roy Keane has made his feelings clear on Man Utd appointing Graham Potter as Erik ten Hag replacement
  • Erik ten Hag sends Arsenal defiant Casemiro message after Man Utd star is ruled out of Premier League clash

Choose your content:

23 mins ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    23 mins ago

    Rafa Benitez 'facing sack' after being handed record-breaking contract

    The former Liverpool and Newcastle manager could be replaced by one of his former players.

    Football
  • X
    2 hours ago

    Fans baffled after penalty becomes opposition free-kick before ball is kicked

    The incident happened during a National League match on Tuesday (February 17).

    Football
  • CBS Sports - Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Tunnel footage from Benfica vs Real Madrid emerges after claims of fight

    Benfica president Rui Costa could be seen in the clip.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    UEFA take action after Vini Jr and Gianluca Prestianni incident in new statement

    Real Madrid's Champions League play-off first leg against Benfica was stopped for 10 minutes after Vinicius flagged alleged racist abuse.

    Football