• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Antony sends 14-word message after Man Utd transfer saga takes new twist

Home> Football> Football News> Man Utd

Updated 09:39 30 Aug 2025 GMT+1Published 09:33 30 Aug 2025 GMT+1

Antony sends 14-word message after Man Utd transfer saga takes new twist

The Brazilian winger is the subject of a confusing transfer saga between Manchester United and Real Betis.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

Antony appeared to send a message to Manchester United as uncertainty surrounding a potential move to Real Betis continues.

Antony, 25, spent the second half of the 2024/25 campaign on loan at Betis, where he saw an improvement in his form, contributing nine goals and five assists in 26 appearances for the La Liga outfit.

The Brazil international helped Betis reach the Conference League final, which they lost against Chelsea, and appeared to be loving life in Andalusia.

The winger claimed that he had fallen out of love with football during his difficult spell at United in an interview with TNT Sports Brazil.

Advert

"It was a moment when I thought about stopping playing,” Antony said.

“I no longer felt that desire to play football because of everything I was going through, because of all the accusations and because I had remained silent for so long.”

Antony enjoyed his loan at Real Betis (Credit:Getty)
Antony enjoyed his loan at Real Betis (Credit:Getty)

He added: “I went through difficult times (at United) when I no longer felt that pleasure. I even told my brother that I couldn’t take it any more.”

Advert

He then went on to explain how joining Betis on loan “has changed a lot”.

At the end of the season, Antony returned to United but was among the players told to train separately from the first team with Tyrell Malacia, Marcus Rashford, Alejandro Garnacho and Jadon Sancho.

A return to Betis was reportedly close on Friday (August 29), but confusion surrounds the proposed switch.

According to BBC Sport, United sources said they had accepted a bid from the Spanish club only for Betis to later release a formal statement in which they claimed the offer had been withdrawn.

Advert

In a statement, the club wrote: "Betis has retired its offer. Betis cannot afford a transfer fee, nor the amounts the player is supposed to receive."

BBC Sport’s report claims that “there are unverified suggestions one of the stumbling blocks relates to a payment to Antony around his outstanding wages on a United contract that runs to 2027”.

It is still unclear whether the situation will be resolved by the September 1st deadline. The English transfer window closes at 7 pm, while the Spanish one remains open until 10:59 pm.

Antony remained tight-lipped on the situation until yesterday when he posted a message to his Instagram story.

Advert

Antony posted to his Instagram story (Credit:Antony/IG)
Antony posted to his Instagram story (Credit:Antony/IG)

Alongside a photograph of himself with a group of men, the Brazilian wrote: “Entre Familia e amigos, a vida sempre nos reserva uma grande surpresa,” which translated from Portuguese to English means “Between family and friends, life always has a big surprise in store for us”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Antony, Manchester United, Real Betis, Transfer News, Football, La Liga, Premier League

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football - both in England and abroad - as well as combat sports.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

26 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • GettyGetty
    26 mins ago

    Fans call referee's two-word explanation for VAR interference during Chelsea vs Fulham the 'worst in Premier League history'

    Premier League fans took to social media to call out what they thought was a refereeing mistake during Chelsea vs Fulham.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    an hour ago

    Ben Chilwell linked with Chelsea exit and fans are 'annoyed' with what's going on

    The England international spent half of the 2024/25 campaign on loan at Crystal Palace and does not appear to be part of Chelsea's plans.

    Football
  • GettyGetty
    an hour ago

    Alexander Isak transfer update drops hours before Newcastle game as strict timeline for Liverpool deal set

    Alexander Isak has constantly been linked with a move to Liverpool.

    Football
  • Getty ImagesGetty Images
    2 hours ago

    Alexander Isak transfer domino goes into overdrive as 'deal agreed' with days remaining in transfer window

    Alexander Isak's move to Liverpool could be getting closer amid reports that two other transfers are on the verge of getting over the line.

    Football
  • Kobbie Mainoo 'responds' to Ruben Amorim denying his Man Utd transfer request
  • Man Utd outcast Antony linked with new club who will pay full asking price
  • Antony breaks his silence on Man Utd exit and sends message to fans after scoring again for Real Betis
  • Man Utd 'reach agreement' with club for Antony exit but one clause will worry fans