• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Antony breaks his silence on Man Utd exit and sends message to fans after scoring again for Real Betis

Home> Football> Football News> Man Utd

Updated 08:50 14 Feb 2025 GMTPublished 08:49 14 Feb 2025 GMT

Antony breaks his silence on Man Utd exit and sends message to fans after scoring again for Real Betis

Manchester United flop Antony has rediscovered his form on loan at Real Betis in Spain.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: UEFA & Getty

Topics: Antony, Manchester United, Real Betis, Europa League

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Antony has broken his silence on leaving Manchester United after continuing his fine start to life at Real Betis.

United paid £86 million to sign Antony from Ajax in 2022 but despite working under Erik ten Hag previously, he never got going at Old Trafford and has scored 12 goals in 96 games.

Antony, who failed to score for over a year, struggled for regular game-time under new boss Ruben Amorim and so was allowed to join Betis on loan in January.

But the 24-year-old has found his form in Andalusia. After assisting Isco on his debut, Antony was named Man of the Match for games against Athletic Bilbao and Celta Vigo - opening his account in the latter fixture.

Advert

The Brazilian notched the opener and his second goal in three games in a 3-0 UEFA Conference League win over Gent on Thursday night.

He cut in from the right flank and curled one into the far corner with his left foot in the 47th minute.

Antony has reacted to his goal and the key win for Manuel Pellegrini's men, expressing just how much he is enjoying life in his new surroundings.

Antony scored his second goal for Real Betis on Thursday. Image: Getty
Antony scored his second goal for Real Betis on Thursday. Image: Getty

"In my heart I knew that I would be very happy at Betis, I was sure about that," Antony said, as per Fabrizio Romano.

“This win goes for the fans, they never stop supporting us."

Hailed as "hungry", "ambitious" and an "excellent player by Pellegrini, Antony is on a six-month loan whereby Betis are paying part of his salary.

Betis open to permanent move

Although still contracted until United until 2027, the Sao Paulo academy product could end up staying beyond this season if he continues to produce.

"Yes, I think so," chief executive Ramon Alarcon said when asked if a permanent move for Antony could happen.

"The other day the CEO of United called me. We sent them details of the player throughout the week so they can see we’re looking after their asset.

“We have very good chemistry with United and the player, who is happy here. It is a possibility that he will continue next season, why not?”

Betis are back in action on Sunday when they take on Real Sociedad in La Liga.

Choose your content:

20 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    20 mins ago

    FIFA issue lengthy statement after Gianluca Prestianni and Vinicius Jr incident

    Benfica's Gianluca Prestianni is accused of racially abusing Vinicius Junior during his side's 1-0 defeat to Real Madrid on Tuesday.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Why Wolves vs Arsenal is the only Premier League match this midweek

    Wolves vs. Arsenal is the only midweek Premier League fixture this week.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    John Terry's instant response to being told Virgil van Dijk is better than him

    The former Chelsea centre-back is often compared to the Liverpool captain.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Real Madrid player could face UEFA sanction for unseen moment in Benfica chaos

    The incident occurred during Los Blancos' 1-0 win against Benfica in the Champions League play-offs.

    Football
  • Antony scores for Real Betis with superb effort from outside the box and it's got people making same point
  • Spanish media make their feelings clear on Antony after first Real Betis goal since leaving Man Utd
  • Man Utd insert secret 'penalty clause' into Antony's contract with Real Betis as move 'confirmed'
  • Man Utd's true valuation of Antony before deciding to spend £85m on him genuinely looks like a typo