• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Respected journalist responds to claims Man City's 115 FFP charges 'have been dropped'

Home> Football> Football News> Man City

Updated 14:44 3 May 2024 GMT+1Published 14:23 3 May 2024 GMT+1

Respected journalist responds to claims Man City's 115 FFP charges 'have been dropped'

Rumours have been circling about the charges City face.

Alex Brotherton

Alex Brotherton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester City, Premier League, Football, FFP

Alex Brotherton
Alex Brotherton

Alex Brotherton is a journalist at SPORTbible. He has previously worked with publications including the Manchester Evening News, GOAL and BBC Sport. He is a football fanatic, but also dabbles in tennis and American football. He can often be found watching dreadful non-league football.

X

@alex_brotherton

Advert

Advert

Advert

A respected journalist has responded to claims that the financial charges faced by Manchester City have been dropped.

Last year the Premier League charged City with 115 alleged breaches of its financial rules after a four-year investigation.

The Premier League refereed City to a independent commission over alleged rule breaches between 2009 and 2018.

In recent months rumours have circulated that the league is set to drop the charges against the treble winners, as well as reports that officials at Manchester United believe their neighbours will receive no serious sanction.

Advert

However, Daily Mail journalist Mike Keegan says that such reports are wide of the mark.

On Friday he wrote on X: "There’s a rumour flying around that Manchester City’s charges have been dropped. Told it’s not true."

City's case has been thrust under the spotlight recently after Everton and Nottingham Forest were handed points deductions for failing to meet the Premier League's Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

Everton secured Premier League survival with three games to spare despite being handed two sanctions, but Forest sit just one point above the relegation zone.

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters recently said that City's case will soon be resolved.


When asked about the fairness of City winning the title with the 115 charges still outstanding at a European Leagues' online conference on Friday, Masters said: "We can't comment on the case, the date is set. The case will resolve itself at some point in the near future. I can't make any further comment on it."

City were charged with breaching rules that require the club to provide

City were charged with breaches of rules that required the club to provide "accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club's financial position."

The Premier League has also accused City of failing to cooperate with its investigation.

City have consistently denied the charges. When they were announced in February 2023, the club released as statement that read: "The club welcomes the review of this matter by an independent commission, to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence that exists in support of its position.

"As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all."

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • X
    7 hours ago

    Kylian Mbappe gives explosive interview as he reveals alleged racist comment

    The Real Madrid star has revealed the alleged comment made towards Vinicius Junior during the Champions League match.

    Football
  • Getty/ Amazon Prime
    8 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho slammed for comments on Vini Jr incident as pundits left speechless

    The Benfica boss has revealed exactly what he said to Vinicius Junior following the alleged racist incident.

    Football
  • Getty
    8 hours ago

    Trent Alexander-Arnold speaks out on Vini Jr incident as Brazilian issues statement

    The Real Madrid right-back spoke to Amazon Prime after an eventful night in Lisbon.

    Football
  • Prime Video
    9 hours ago

    Gianluca Prestianni takes immediate action following incident with Vini Jr

    The Benfica winger was involved in an incident with the Real Madrid man during the second half of the Champions League play-off first leg.

    Football
  • Man City 115 Charges Case Takes Twist as Verdict Rumour Circulates
  • Premier League issue rare statement on Man City's 115 charges hearing
  • Man City Journalist Reveals What He’s Noticed Amid 'Growing Murmurs' on 115 Charges
  • Bombshell Man City 115 charges verdict news drops and will anger fans of rival clubs