sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Gavi no longer a first team player at Barcelona after appeal was rejected
Home>Football
Updated 13:07 21 Mar 2023 GMTPublished 12:56 21 Mar 2023 GMT

breaking

Gavi no longer a first team player at Barcelona after appeal was rejected

Uncertain times ahead for Barcelona and Gavi

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Pablo Gavi is reportedly no longer a first team player at Barcelona after their appeal was rejected by the court.

A little over six months ago, young talent Gavi signed a new deal with the Catalan club until 2026.

However, the club’s attempts to register him as a first-team player have so far been unsuccessful due to their financial struggles.

According to Spanish media outlet Telemadrid’s presenter Ramon Fuentes, Gavi is no longer a first-team player.

Advert

The only way for Gavi to be registered is if Barcelona manage to reduce the wage bill.

Mundo Deportivo have also reported that Gavi’s first team contract will not be registered and he will return to a youth contract as a result of the court’s decision.

The Camp Nou club were successful in registering Gavi on 31 January after being given a precautionary measure from the court.

However, La Liga then filed an appeal against that, claiming that Barcelona missed the deadline.

Earlier in the month, the court ruled in favour of La Liga but as no concrete decision was made at the time, Gavi was allowed to continue as a first-team player.

Image
PA Images

Last Wednesday, Barcelona decided to appeal against the ruling and they have now been told that efforts were unsuccessful.

It is believed that if Gavi is not registered with the first team by 1 July, then his contract will not be valid.

The rule is simple, Barcelona have to reduce their wage bill, or La Liga will not allow them to register Gavi.

On the back of the latest developments, Gavi has instantly been linked with a move away from Barcelona.

Premier League clubs like Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea are reportedly keeping tabs on the situation.

Barcelona will now have another 20 days to appeal the latest verdict at the Provincial Court.

Will Gavi be registered as a first-team player at Barcelona? Only time will tell.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Barcelona, Gavi, La Liga, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Hansi Flick speaks out on Lamine Yamal waving Palestine flag during Barcelona title parade - 'Something I don't like'
  • "It was a tough day for me" - Hansi Flick holds back the tears in raw interview after Barcelona win La Liga title
  • Kylian Mbappe’s actions as Real Madrid lost La Liga to Barcelona caught everyone’s attention
  • Lionel Messi's first Barcelona contract was written on napkin and included agreement which changed football history

Choose your content:

10 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    10 mins ago

    Man City handed second blow as player decides to leave with Pep Guardiola

    Manchester City is being faced with a huge rebuild project in the summer transfer window as another icon walks out with Pep

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Arsenal player 'open to leaving the club' after winning Premier League title

    The Arsenal star became a Premier League champion but could move on this summer.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Bombshell report into spygate scandal reveals 'disguise' used by Southampton

    More shocking details from Southampton's spying ahead of the play-off final have emerged.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Southampton players could take action against own club after being expelled from play-offs

    There could be further repercussions for Southampton after they were expelled from the Championship play-offs following the spygate scandal.

    Football