sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Jake Paul makes public offer to first celebrity to be ringside for Mike Tyson fight
Home>Boxing>Boxing News
Published 14:35 12 Apr 2024 GMT+1

Jake Paul makes public offer to first celebrity to be ringside for Mike Tyson fight

Jake Paul is calling for a huge name to be ringside for his fight with Mike Tyson in July.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Jake Paul wants the biggest names to be present for his upcoming superfight with Mike Tyson.

The 9-1 boxer is taking on the Baddest Man on the Planet live on Netflix at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on July 20.

Paul returns to the ring for his biggest fight to date following on from an easy win for Ryan Bourland in Puerto Rico last month.

Advert

Meanwhile Tyson, the youngest heavyweight champion in history, heads back into the squared circle for the first time since an exhibition bout with Roy Jones Jr in 2020.

With a huge age gap, the Paul-Tyson fight is slated to take place as an exhibition - though Paul is claiming both he and Iron Mike are trying to make it a professional encounter.

Reports of larger gloves and headguards being used were branded "fake news" by Paul.

And after coining Donald Trump's phrase, Paul invited the former United States president to the bout.

Image: Getty
Image: Getty

Paul said to Fox News: “It’s an all-out war. And Trump, if you are watching this, this is an invite.

"I know you used to promote Tyson, so I’d love to have you at the fight. Vivek came to my other fight. And, of course, the silver fox, Barron Trump. So, Donny, pull up, we’ve got tickets for you."

Trump once bid $11 million to host Tyson's fight against Michael Spinks at the Atlantic City Convention Hall, opposite the own Trump Plaza in New Jersey, back in 1988.

The two became friends and Tyson endorsed Trump during his successful 2016 presidential election.

Image: Getty
Image: Getty

However, Tim O'Brien, the author of the book TrumpNation, claims Tyson once confronted Trump over an alleged affair with his wife at the time, Robin Givens.

Tyson reportedly asked the former US president: "Could I ask you, are you f***ing my wife?"

After the exchange, Trump is quoted as saying: "Now, if I froze, I'm dead... you would have zero chance. Here's the heavyweight champion of the world, and he's a solid piece of fu**ing armour."

Trump is a regular at UFC events, having been invited by president Dana White.

Featured Image Credit: FOX News & Jake Paul

Topics: Jake Paul, Mike Tyson

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
a day ago
2 days ago
  • Candice Ward/Stringer/Getty
    7 hours ago

    Floyd Mayweather aims staggering $175 million lawsuit alleging fraud at former associates

    This is crazy.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua date revealed by Eddie Hearn in latest update

    The fight continues to be pushed back as both fighters are preparing for their respective warm-ups

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Venezuela Fury reacts to comments about £5million wedding gift package from parents Tyson and Paris

    Venezuela Fury has reacted to comments about the £5million wedding gift package from her parents Tyson and Paris.

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    John Fury leaks details of furious phone call with Eddie Hall that started Tommy feud

    John Fury has detailed the phone call he had with Eddie Hall that started his feud with Tommy.

    Boxing
  • Mike Tyson confirms his next fight after losing to Jake Paul
  • Jake Paul makes Mike Tyson $1 million bet and legendary boxer agrees under one condition
  • Terence Crawford 'exposes' Jake Paul and Mike Tyson 'script' to Joe Rogan
  • Tyson Fury Makes Controversial Jake Paul vs Anthony Joshua Fight Prediction