• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Jake Paul asks Boxing Commission to make major 'U-turn' ahead of Mike Tyson fight

Home> Boxing> Boxing News

Updated 09:29 11 Apr 2024 GMT+1Published 09:28 11 Apr 2024 GMT+1

Jake Paul asks Boxing Commission to make major 'U-turn' ahead of Mike Tyson fight

Jake Paul has asked the Boxing Commission to make a major U-turn ahead of his fight with Mike Tyson.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Jake Paul has asked the Boxing Commission to make a major U-turn ahead of his fight with Mike Tyson.

Last month it was announced that YouTuber-turned-boxer Paul would take on 57-year-old former unified heavyweight champion Tyson in a boxing match at the AT&T Arena in Texas on July 20.

Paul, 27, has just 10 competitive fights to his name, mostly against former UFC stars, while Tyson was once the youngest heavyweight champion in history and the first person to simultaneously hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles.

Since the announcement there has been much speculation regarding the rules and status of the bout.

Advert

Many have suggested that due to the age gap, the fight will take place under exhibition rules with both men wearing protective headgear and 18-ounce gloves.

Tyson, meanwhile, admitted that though the flight will be recognised as an exhibition, he vowed, while speaking to Fox News, that the action inside the ring will still deliver for the millions of fans expected to tune in on Netflix.

"This is called an exhibition, but if you look up exhibition, you won't see any of the laws we're fighting under,” Tyson said. “This is a fight. I don't think he's faster than me. I've seen a YouTube video of him at 16 doing weird dancing.

“That's not the guy I'm fighting. This is a guy who's going to try and hurt me, which I'm accustomed to, and he's going to be greatly mistaken."

Jake Paul wants his fight to have professional status (Getty)
Jake Paul wants his fight to have professional status (Getty)

Paul has now claimed that he is making a request to the boxing commission for the fight to be given professional rather than exhibition status.

Speaking to Fox News he said: “It's so annoying that people on the Internet will believe anything they see or hear. There's been so much misinformation.

“Mike and I want this to be a pro fight, full face shots. We're submitting that request to the commission. It's an all-out war.

“There's been all these fake videos about not being able to hit each other, big gloves, all of that stuff, and it's all, as Trump would say, fake news.”

Featured Image Credit: Fox News/Getty

Topics: Boxing, Jake Paul, Mike Tyson

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Mike Tyson confirms his next fight after losing to Jake Paul
  • Mike Tyson to fight Floyd Mayweather with date and location confirmed
  • Mike Tyson to make surprise return to boxing as shock announcement made ahead of fight
  • Mike Tyson’s Shocking Jake Paul Fight Admission Ahead of Anthony Joshua Bout

Choose your content:

13 hours ago
15 hours ago
16 hours ago
20 hours ago
  • Getty
    13 hours ago

    Darren Till wades in on John Fury vs Carl Froch beef with vicious message

    Darren Till shared his take on the feud between John Fury and Carl Froch.

    Boxing
  • YouTube/Getty
    15 hours ago

    John Fury's last pro fight ended in a brutal one-punch knockout

    John Fury hasn't fought in a professional contest since his dramatic fight in 1995.

    Boxing
  • Froch on Fighting/YouTube - Instagram/gypsyjohnfury
    16 hours ago

    John Fury issues new statement as Carl Froch accepts fight on undercard

    Fury wants to feature on the undercard of his son's comeback fight against Arslanbek Makhmudov in April.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    20 hours ago

    Eddie Hearn issues Anthony Joshua update as he confirms whether he will return

    Eddie Hearn shared an update on Anthony Joshua's career.

    Boxing