• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Bobby Lashley Suffers Scary Fall After Top Rope Snaps At WWE Live Event In Newcastle

Home> Wrestling

Updated 11:15 29 Apr 2022 GMT+1Published 10:46 29 Apr 2022 GMT+1

Bobby Lashley Suffers Scary Fall After Top Rope Snaps At WWE Live Event In Newcastle

"…and some of y’all think I’m not the toughest guy in @WWE."

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

WWE superstar Bobby Lashley suffered a scary fall at a house show in Newcastle on Thursday night after the top ring rope completely snapped during his match against Drew McIntyre. You can see footage of the incident below.

The eight-time world champion was facing off against 'The Scottish Warrior' at the first show of WWE’s 2022 European Spring Tour when the unfortunate botch happened inside the Utilita Arena, Newcastle.

As you can see in the footage above, McIntyre reverses a slam from Lashley, who is pushed onto the rope by his opponent.

Advert

Lashley then fails to connect with a clotheline and it appears McIntyre was preparing to set up for his finisher 'The Claymore Kick' when the unexpected occured.

The top rope snaps after McIntyre backs into it, and two-time ECW champion Lashley goes flying head first into the canvas.

Image credit: Louie Von Der Geest/Twitter
Image credit: Louie Von Der Geest/Twitter

Thankfully, Lashley appeared to be okay after the heavy fall and continued the match.

In fact, the 273-pound athlete took to Twitter after his match to post the clip. "…and some of y’all think I’m not the toughest guy in WWE," he wrote.

Fans quickly expressed their concern for Lashley both during and after the event on Thursday.

One wrote: "Wow. That looked scary. Glad Lashley was OK," while another said: "Bobby Lashley took a big fall here at the Newcastle house show. Sounds like he is ok."

A third commented: "It happened to McIntyre in 2018. Glad Bobby's ok."

Last year, Drew McIntyre revealed in an interview with SPORTbible that he called time on his football career because his anger was getting the better of him.

The 36-year-old, from Ayr in Scotland, grew up as a massive Rangers fan and idolised legendary striker Ally McCoist.

"I played until I was 16, the WWE was always my goal but the more unlikely goal was to play for Rangers," McIntyre told SPORTbible.

"My last ever game I got a yellow card for a two-footed challenge that I should have been sent off for but I remember I got sent off because this idiot kicked the ball around me and tried to go this way and knocked himself out on my shoulder.

"I got a little bit upset. I tried to fight the ref, I took my shirt off and threw it at him, I called him a bunch of names and got dragged off the pitch by multiple people.

"Then I decided maybe I'll focus on the wrestling now."

Featured Image Credit: Louie Von Der Geest/Twitter

Topics: Drew Mcintyre, Bobby Lashley, WWE

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

4 days ago
5 days ago
16 days ago
19 days ago
  • X/@LoganPaul
    4 days ago

    Logan Paul issues statement after controversy surrounding '$100m' Pokemon card

    Logan Paul has faced controversy following the $16 million sale of the incredibly rare Pokemon card and addressed the situation.

    Wrestling
  • Guinness World Records
    5 days ago

    Logan Paul Makes History After Auctioning Rare Pokemon Card For Staggering Amount

    Logan Paul also opened $1.5 million worth of Pokemon boxes in addition to selling the rare collectable.

    Wrestling
  • AEW & Triller
    16 days ago

    Wrestling Star Stunned As Fans Hijack Main Event With ICE Chant

    MJF was visibly surprised by the anti-ICE chant which started when his match with Brody King in AEW began.

    Wrestling
  • Getty
    19 days ago

    The Rock’s Daughter Deletes Donald Trump Post After WWE Exit

    The Rock's daughter Ava Raine left WWE and her first comment was to go after Donald Trump and ICE.

    Wrestling
  • WWE Issues Immediate Suspension After SmackDown Incident
  • WWE superstar 'stranded' ahead of SummerSlam after being refused entry to the US
  • WWE forced to cut live broadcast after superstar suffers wardrobe malfunction in the ring
  • Drew McIntyre Wants To ‘Tear’ WWE Legend ‘To Pieces’ After Facing Cody Rhodes