sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Luke Littler makes stunning admission that 'probably nobody will believe' after winning Bahrain Darts Masters
Home>Other
Updated 20:30 19 Jan 2024 GMTPublished 20:27 19 Jan 2024 GMT

Luke Littler makes stunning admission that 'probably nobody will believe' after winning Bahrain Darts Masters

Fans couldn't believe it.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Luke Littler made a surprise admission that he thinks 'nobody will believe' in a brutally honest interview after winning the Bahrain Darts Masters.

The 16-year-old, who celebrates his 17th birthday on Sunday, beat Michael van Gerwen 8-5 in the final in Bahrain to continue his historic rise.

Littler earns £20,000 as a result of the victory, which moves him up to 30th position in the two-year Order of Merit.

Earlier in the event, he hit a nine-darter against Nathan Aspinall in the quarter-finals, becoming only the second player to achieve that feat at a World Series event after the legendary Phil Taylor.

Advert

He was ranked world number 164 before the World Championship got underway in December, with his run to the final against Luke Humphries moving him up an incredible 133 places.

Speaking to ITV's Dan Dawson after winning his first senior ranking title, Littler admitted that, prior to his first round match against Man Lok Leung in Bahrain, he hadn't thrown a dart since that match against the world number one on January 3.

He said: "I'm happy to win, and earlier on in the quarters I obviously hit the nine-darter against Nathan.

"I played well yesterday, and I played well again tonight.

"Nobody probably believes me, but I've not thrown a dart since the world final, and yesterday was the first proper practice I put in. It's all paid off!

The first of how many PDC titles for Luke Littler..?

A moment of history as the 16-year-old lifts the 2024 Bahrain Darts Masters trophy 🏆 pic.twitter.com/OA3kFJZAp3

— PDC Darts (@OfficialPDC) January 19, 2024

"I'm just happy to win, obviously against Michael, who's still one of the best, the very best. I'm just happy to win on my debut.

"It's been unbelievable this week. We've got us eight [PDC-selected participants in the tournament] in the Premier League, and the eight Asian players [in the tournament] were brilliant as well. I'm just happy to come out as the winner."

More to follow...

Featured Image Credit: ITV Sport

Topics: Luke Littler, Darts

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
a day ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Enhanced Games prize money: Two events set to offer life-changing bonuses if world record broken

    The inaugural Enhanced Games gets underway in Las Vegas on Sunday night.

    Other
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Kyle Busch cause of death revealed as severe pneumonia, sepsis as NASCAR star's family issue statement

    Busch passed away on Thursday at the age of 41 after being hospitalised with a 'severe illness'.

    Other
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Enhanced Games star attempting to beat his own world record that has stood for eight years

    A swimmer competing at the Enhanced Games is trying to break his own world record in Las Vegas.

    Other
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Kyle Busch asked for doctor immediately after NASCAR race 11 days before sudden death

    Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Busch passed away at the age of 41 on Thursday after being hospitalised with a 'severe illness'.

    Other
  • Luke Littler Makes Stunning Admission Ahead of Ryan Searle Semi-Final
  • Luke Littler Banned From PDC Event After Winning World Darts Championship
  • Luke Littler 'Decides What to Spend Saudi Darts Masters Prize Money On'
  • Luke Littler forced to speak out after ‘disrespectful’ incident during Australian Darts Masters match