sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Bologna CEO issues blunt three-word response when asked about Riccardo Calafiori's move to Arsenal
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 19:14 19 Jul 2024 GMT+1

Bologna CEO issues blunt three-word response when asked about Riccardo Calafiori's move to Arsenal

Bologna's CEO gave a sharp response when asked about Arsenal's interest in Calafiori.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Bologna chief executive Claudio Fenucci gave a brutal response when asked about defender Riccardo Calafiori's potential transfer to Arsenal.

The 22-year-old has been linked with a move to the Gunners since the summer transfer window opened last month.

Those links intensified as a result of Calafiori's impressive performances at Euro 2024 with Italy, despite Luciano Spalletti's side being knocked out at the last 16 stage.

The Times reported that Arsenal were prepared to offer £37 million to sign the centre-back, who was converted from a left-back by the now former Bologna boss Thiago Motta.

Advert

Motta left the club for Juventus after guiding Bologna to the Champions League, a success which means the Italian side are able to demand more money for their key players.

It is claimed that Bologna want £46 million to sell Calafiori, with Arsenal's Jakub Kiwior a potential option to be included as part of a swap deal.

However, reports suggest that the Poland international wants a move to a more high-profile Serie A club instead amid interest from AC Milan, Napoli and Inter Milan.

But when asked about interest in Calafiori, Bologna CEO Fenucci was not in the mood for much of a response.

He told Italian outlet CalcioMercato: "There's no news.

"Interest from Juventus? I haven't heard it, thank you."

Bologna CEO Fenucci on Riccardo Calafiori and the negotiations with Arsenal:

"There's no news. Juventus [rumours]? I haven't heard it."

📹 @GiokerMusso pic.twitter.com/m2xXuRH7zp

— Chris Wheatley (@ChrisWheatley) July 19, 2024

Another complex issue in the transfer is the existence of a sell-on fee, according to Football Italia.

Bologna paid £3.4 million to sign Calafiori from Basel last summer, but the deal contained a 40 per cent sell-on fee which is influencing the Italian club's asking price.

With the new Premier League season under a month away, Mikel Arteta and Arsenal will not be too worried yet - but will not want the transfer to drag on until much nearer to the opening weekend so that Calafiori can get some pre-season minutes under his belt.

Featured Image Credit: Getty / CalcioMercato

Topics: Arsenal, Champions League, Euro 2024, Serie A, Transfers, Football, Mikel Arteta

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    'You didn't ask?' - Pep Guardiola learned one manager refused involvement in special montage video

    Man City boss Pep Guardiola assumed that the manager had not been asked by Sky Sports but he had refused.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    'I have to earn it...' - Former Premier League star turns down last-minute World Cup call-up

    "I didn't feel legitimate playing in this World Cup."

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Bernardo Silva has next club lined up after leaving Man City

    The Manchester City captain has two clubs desperate to sign him on a free transfer.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Tyson Fury preparing move to buy English football club with Zlatan Ibrahimovic

    The former boxing heavyweight champion is preparing his next big move.

    Football
  • Mikel Arteta revealed exactly what he would be doing as Arsenal crowned Premier League champions
  • Arsenal handed huge potential boost for Champions League final after PSG star suffers injury scare
  • Arsenal Decide Next Signing with January Move Lined Up
  • Max Dowman compilation vs AC Milan is going viral and Arsenal fans are all in agreement about 15-year-old wonderkid