Audi Has Demanded Barcelona Players Return Their Free Cars After Sponsorship Deal Ended
Audi has demanded that Barcelona's players return their free cars after the German manufacturer's sponsorship deal with the Spanish champions expired.
The club teamed up with the car manufacturer last year and Lionel Messi and Co were offered a nice freebie as part of the deal.
According to Spanish newspaper Diario AS, the deal between Audi and Barcelona finished on 30th June.
And Audi, who also has similar deals with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, want their free cars to be returned.
Barcelona superstar Messi, 32, picked up an Audi RS 6 that is estimated around £127,000.
Sergio Busquets' Audi R8 Coupe V10 is the most expensive of the lot at a whopping £192,000, while Luis Suarez's Audi RS 6 Avant is priced at around £127,000.
Posted below are what each player and the manager picked as their car.
- Sergio Busquets: Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus Daytona gray (£192,000)
- Gerard Pique: Audi RS 6 Avant performance Daytona gray (£127,000)
- Luis Suarez: Audi RS 6 Avant performance Daytona gray (£127,000)
- Lionel Messi: Audi RS 6 Avant performance Sepang blue (£127,000)
- Nelson Semedo: Audi Q7 Carrara white (£75,000)
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen: Audi SQ5 TFSI Mythos black (£71,000)
- Ernesto Valverde: Audi Q7 e-tron quattro Florett silver (£65,000)
More Like ThisMore Like This
- Jordi Alba: Audi Q7 Sepang blue (£65,000)
- Ivan Rakitic: Audi Q7 Graphite gray (£65,000)
- Philippe Coutinho: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI (£65,000)
- Ousmane Dembele: Audi RS3 Sportback Panther black (£56,000)
- Sergi Roberto: Audi RS3 Sportback Catalunya red (£56,000)
- Samuel Umtiti: Audi RS3 Sportback Catalunya red (£56,000)
Barcelona are preparing for the start of their pre-season tour in Japan and Valverde has revealed his 26-man squad.
However, Valverde will be without the likes of Messi, Suarez and Arthur as they have an extended break after participating in this summer's Copa America.
Barcelona's first clash will be against Frank Lampard's Chelsea on 23rd July.
Will Barcelona beat Chelsea?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: Audi/Barcelona
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read