sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Mohamed Salah Misses Penalty After Having Lasers Shone In Eyes, Egypt Are NOT Going To The World Cup
Home>Football
Updated 21:35 29 Mar 2022 GMT+1Published 21:08 29 Mar 2022 GMT+1

Mohamed Salah Misses Penalty After Having Lasers Shone In Eyes, Egypt Are NOT Going To The World Cup

Shocking scenes.

Daniel Marland

Daniel Marland

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Senegal have defeated Egypt in their World Cup play-off final - with Egypt's players having lasers shone in their face during the penalty shootout. Check out footage from earlier in the game below.

In a repeat of February's Africa Cup of Nations final, it took penalties to separate the two sides.

Egypt won the first leg 1-0 but Senegal went ahead inside three minutes this evening through a Hamdi Fathi own goal.

Advert

Few chances fell to either side during a cagey affair in Diamniadio and it called for a shootout to settle who was going to Qatar.

I mean, just look at this. Salah sails his penalty over… and surely anybody would, given the lasers.

Mane scores, Senegal wins the shootout, Egypt out of the World Cup pic.twitter.com/tgHmCmW8uu

— Henry Bushnell (@HenryBushnell) March 29, 2022

Both sides missed their first four penalties, with Kalidou Koulibaly taking Senegal's first and Mohamed Salah taking Egypt's.

Saliou Ciss then fluffed his lines as did Ahmed Sayed before Ismaila Sarr dispatched with confidence.

Amr El Solia knew it was basically sudden death at this point and made no mistake.

Bamba Dieng converted for Aliou Cisse's side before Mostafa Mohamed missed his vital kick.

Sadio Mane broke the heart of Liverpool teammate Salah by putting it away to send Senegal to the World Cup.

Fans have reacted to the scenes and they can't believe the players had to put up with it.

One commented: "How can that result be allowed to stand?"

Image
ESPN FC

Another said: "The lasers from Senegalese fans on Mohamed Salah were a disgrace by the way."

A third put: "Just ridiculous. That Salah penalty. Come for the Laser Show stick around for the Football game with the World Cup on the line. Insanely unfair."

While someone stated: "Salah rarely send his penalties wide, this is madness."

It caps a remarkable few months for Senegal, who defeated Egypt to win their first ever Africa Cup of Nations in February.

They'll be hoping to have a stronger campaign than the last World Cup.

Senegal became the first team in history to be eliminated from the competition based on the fair play rule in 2018.

Featured Image Credit: TheEuropeanLad/Twitter

Topics: Mohamed Salah, Senegal, Egypt

Daniel Marland
Daniel Marland

Daniel is SPORTbible's Senior Social Editor.

X

@DanMarland_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

26 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    26 mins ago

    Marcus Rashford forced to release statement addressing controversial post minutes after England call-up

    The freshly-recalled winger had to release a statement defending his former club after he snubbed them in a celebratory post

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Thomas Tuchel issues response to Harry Maguire's statement about failing to make England squad

    The England boss didn't hold back in his first comments after announcing the World Cup squad

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Pep Guardiola accepts next job role after confirming Man City exit in emotional statement

    Guardiola's departure was confirmed on Friday.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Three uncapped England players will travel with World Cup squad despite not being picked

    Tuchel has named his 26-man squad, but three extra names will travel to North America.

    Football
  • Mohamed Salah drops bombshell statement as he aims dig at Arne Slot and Liverpool's style of play
  • Mo Salah And Egypt Hit With AFCON Sanction After Breaching Tournament Regulation
  • Arne Slot Criticised Over Mo Salah ‘Mistake’ After Egypt Footage Goes Viral
  • Mo Salah 'receives offers' from two European giants as Egypt official leaks transfer