sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
'If everything goes to plan' - Liverpool drop major injury update on Reds star ahead of World Cup
Home>Football
Updated 13:14 16 Nov 2022 GMTPublished 12:45 16 Nov 2022 GMT

'If everything goes to plan' - Liverpool drop major injury update on Reds star ahead of World Cup

Liverpool assistant manager Pep Lijnders has dropped an update on the injury suffered by Luis Diaz in October.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool assistant manager Pep Lijnders has given an update on the injury suffered by Luis Diaz last month.

The Colombian winger was forced off during the first half of Liverpool's 3-2 defeat at Arsenal on October 9, following a collision with Thomas Partey.

It was later confirmed that he suffered an injury to his left knee, which fortunately did not require surgery.

However, it was expected to rule him out for six to eight weeks, and he has missed every Liverpool game between the defeat at the Emirates and the World Cup break.

Advert

Diaz has been updating fans on Instagram as his rehabilitation continues, and reports at the end of October claimed that the Colombian could be back in action earlier than anticipated.

Now, with Liverpool's participation in next month's Dubai Super Cup confirmed, Lijnders has given an update on Diaz's status, as well as on the serious hamstring injury suffered by Diogo Jota during the Reds' 1-0 win over Man City on October 16.

Lijnders gives Diaz, Jota update

Speaking after the Reds' Dubai Super Cup fixtures were announced - they will play Lyon and AC Milan on December 11 and 16 respectively - Lijnders told the media which players he expected to travel with the squad.

Jota and Diaz are just two names currently on the club's unavailability list, with Naby Keita and Joel Matip also recovering from injury issues.

But when speaking about Diaz, the Reds assistant boss gave an optimistic response.

He said (in quotes carried by the Liverpool Echo): "Luis definitely [could play in Dubai], if everything goes to plan.

"We can't wait to see him back. He is this player who smiles when he has the ball at his feet."

On Jota, Lijnders added: "Diogo will join us to continue his rehab. The conditions to train and recover in Dubai are just very, very good.

"A change of scenery is always a welcome factor when recovering from a long-term injury."

Reds fans will hope that both players are fully fit as soon as possible to aid the Reds in what will be a packed post-World Cup schedule.

As well as the Premier League, Jurgen Klopp's side are also competing in the FA Cup, Carabao Cup and the Champions League round of 16 in the upcoming months.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Liverpool, Luis Diaz, Diogo Jota, Premier League

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

13 mins ago
16 mins ago
23 mins ago
an hour ago
  • Getty Images
    13 mins ago

    Liverpool launch £92m raid for two players from the same club

    Arne Slot is clearly being backed by the board again as he launches another summer of spending

    Football
  • Getty Images
    16 mins ago

    Xabi Alonso prepared to unleash 6ft 7in Chelsea giant yet to play a game for the club

    The new Chelsea boss is wasting no time in making a massive change to the squad.

    Football
  • Getty
    23 mins ago

    'I've been told...' - Man City to lose third player in mass exodus amid Pep Guardiola exit rumours

    Guardiola is expected to leave Man City at the end of the season - and several more players could follow him out of the door.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Hull City consider legal action hours before Southampton expulsion verdict

    The Tigers are considering taking major legal action to secure promotion to the Premier League.

    Football
  • Diogo Jota's classy gesture to Luis Diaz before he arrived at Liverpool sums him up as a person
  • Luis Diaz breaks silence on Diogo Jota's death and reveals his first thought after tragic news broke
  • Chelsea donate FIFA Club World Cup bonus winnings to Diogo Jota's family
  • Liverpool player Diogo Jota dies in car accident alongside brother as football world left in shock